Senior Operations Specialist
Strivr offers an end-to-end, VR-based immersive learning platform that changes how people around the world train, learn, and perform. With a mission to elevate performance through an immersive experience, Strivr is redefining an industry in real time and shaping the future of learning.
The operations team consists of committed operations specialists who are passionate about all things logistics. They partner with internal teams within Strivr like Engineering, Customer Success, Sales and Finance and with external hardware partners to procure, provision and ship VR HMDs and hardware peripherals + storage kits to customers. The team’s mission is to provide an excellent operational experience to customers, and internal and external partners while delivering reliably, at scale, and on time with optimized costs to meet and exceed the expectations we set for our customers.
Strivr is seeking a detailed oriented operations specialist to join our warehouse operations and hardware logistics team. You will lead the day-to-day execution of the operational workflows related to procurement, provisioning, and shipping of VR headsets and hardware peripherals to customers. This includes procurement, maintaining inventory, planning work in the warehouse, scaling temporary resources up and down based on need, work execution, and distribution. You will report to the Sr. Manager, Warehouse Operations.
The ideal candidate possesses a strong work ethic, strong execution skills, attention to detail, the ability to create and maintain operational workflows, excellent communication skills, and a commitment to excellent operational service.
You will lean into a collaborative culture with partner teams both internally within the company
and externally outside the company. Your partner teams in the company will be Sales,
Customer Success, Customer Support, Finance, and Engineering.
You Can Expect To:
- Demand planning and inventory management activities based on sales and RMA forecasts. Ensure that inventory is stocked to meet provisioning and delivery commitments to customers. Ensure that inventory levels are accurate and up to date. Serve as the key liaison between the team and internal and external partners on inventory management. Manage procurement from warehouse suppliers, partners, and vendors. Create P.Os, track invoices, and coordinate delivery with suppliers, partners, and vendors. Submit bills and invoices to the finance team to ensure payments are made on time. Lead the monthly, quarterly, and YE inventory management activities. Report on any trends that negatively impact inventory so that action can be taken to mitigate the impact.
- Use Salesforce as the system of record for requests to the team - new customer deployments, new locations for existing customers, and RMAs. Plan work for the warehouse operations and hardware logistics team based on customer deployment plans and schedules, deployment or sales order BOM, and warehouse capacity and schedule. Review the sales order and BOM to ensure setup costs, shipping costs, and hardware costs are reflected accurately and approved. Partner with customer success and support and ensure that Salesforce is kept updated and accurate with respect to requests and order completions.
- Report on discrepancies in inventory, changes to hardware prices, freight prices, and delivery times vendors, partners, and suppliers, including freight partners.
- Ensure that responses and communication to internal partners are timely and clear. On topics like provisioning schedules, delivery estimates, risks with inventory, capacity, and provisioning issues that may lead to delays, ensure that all downstream and dependent partners have the most accurate and up-to-date information.
- Enforce operational SOPs and processes are followed consistently for all requests that are handled by the team, whether those are requests for internal or customer deployments and shipments
- Provisioning VR headsets, packing headsets + hardware peripherals + storage kits, and shipping the same to customers on time while maintaining the highest quality and accuracy standards
- Work with team members and your managers to address escalations and issues in the warehouse operations. Develop root cause analysis and collaboratively find a resolution. Identify process and workflow improvements to ensure that issues are not repetitive. Execute routine and regular quality checks to check for issues with inventory, provisioning, and packing.
- Document onboarding material, help onboard new hires, and train temporary staff whilst ensuring safety and efficiency in the warehouse.
- Partner with product and engineering teams to provide requirements on software and systems that can scale hardware provisioning operations in the warehouse. Partner with engineering to set SOPs for deployments and upgrades to provisioning systems in the warehouse and SLAs for reliability, quality, and performance.
- Engage with customers on calls led by Customer Success or Customer Support as required.
- Performs general administrative duties including but not limited to correspondence, filing, photocopying, faxing, and mailing. Submit reports required by the manager and partner teams and perform other related duties as assigned by the manager.
Is This You?
- 5+ years of experience in supply chain, in a fulfillment warehouse, inventory control, and using ERP systems (like NetSuite and Salesforce)
- Proficiency in using Google Docs, Sheets, Slides or Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- A demonstrated ability to be hands-on with computer systems and peripherals -
barcode scanners, USB, shipping label printers.
- Experience working with third-party providers of VR headsets and hardware peripherals, including setting up a supply chain to manage and de-risk procurement.
- Experience working with shipping partners like FedEx, DHL, and UPS for domestic and international shipping for deliveries, tracking, and systems to generate shipping labels.
- A proven ability to develop and improve standard operating procedures (SOPs) and apply great judgment and understanding to execute SOPs in written, oral and diagram form.
- Experience in collaborating and coordinating with cross-functional teams to troubleshoot issues, and share information and status, with an ability to recognize variations and establish protocols for recording and reporting variations.
- An ability to work independently and as a team leader with excellent organizational and coordination skills to get things done in a fast-paced environment
- A demonstrated ability to plan, organize and lead multiple projects and meet deadlines, with an attention to detail and a strong work ethic
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience working with third-party logistics partners (3PL) and managing them to execute on and to end operational workflows to deliver RMA hardware and headsets directly to customers (preferred)