At the intersection of technology, science, business, and sports, Strivr offers the leading VR-based immersive learning platform that is changing the way employees train, learn, and perform. Strivr’s immersive platform is the enterprise’s bridge to the Metaverse. With a vision to elevate performance through an immersive experience, Strivr is redefining an industry in real-time and shaping the future of workforce development.
More about the company and team
At Strivr, engineering teams develop immersive experience software and a cloud-based platform that powers the creation, management, and experience of immersive learning with a unique level of insights and predictive analytics. The platform is scalable, secure, and compliant which is critical to making customers and users successful on the platform.
The engineering organization is distributed and supports a culture of remote work. In addition to the core company values of Dignity + Inclusivity, Transparency, Customer-focused, Evolution, Accountability, and The team, they index strong communication skills, a growth mindset, ownership, and collaborative work culture.
To develop the software and services that power Strivr’s Immersive cloud platform. The platform provides functionality to onboard and manages tenants – customers and partners, manage headsets and software on the headsets, manage content and applications on the headsets, and analyze and report on user’s experiences in the headset from usage to behavioral insights. The team takes pride in building a multi-tenant cloud platform that is enterprise-grade – secure, reliable, and scales to manage hundreds of thousands of headsets and millions of users, and many more immersive sessions.
During a typical week, as a Senior Software Engineer on this team, you can expect to:
- Develop software and services that all Strivr’s immersive applications communicate with
- Setup, manage and deploy infrastructure as code for systems that run the cloud services
- Implement real-time communications between the immersive software on the headsets and the cloud to handle device updates, device and application health, software updates, content management, and distribution, push notifications, telemetry
- Incorporate security, performance, reliability, and monitoring features into everything you build
- Use instrumentation for monitoring and making operational data-driven design changes
- Be a visible technical leader who can positively contribute both to the technical platform roadmap and the engineering culture
- Be a strong mentor and coach to other engineers on the team
Is this you?
At a minimum, you come with
- 6+ years of software engineering experience, specifically with Cloud (PaaS, SaaS) services and solutions
- A solid background in C#, Java, or C++ development
- Experience in relational databases like Postgres, and/or nonrelational databases like Firestore and BigTable
- The drive to develop iteratively, write efficient code, and a passion for shipping high-quality software frequently
- The ability and experience to apply core computer science concepts, patterns, and algorithms in order to solve hard programming problems in a pragmatic way
- A Bachelors in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
And it would be a bonus if you have
- Knowledge and use of Cloud Service Technologies (Google Cloud, AWS, or Azure) including Kubernetes or Docker
- Experience in REST architecture for web services and building secure, scalable APIs
- Experience in the development of large-scale cloud/API services and distributed systems
- A Masters’s in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience