SuperAwesome is one of the most influential startups of our time - they’re the largest youth marketing platform in the world. You’d be at the forefront making the internet safe for young people, while re-defining the way brands engage with young audiences online. Acquired by Epic Games in 2020, the company is positioned for hyper-growth (Epic's equity valuation is $28B+ as of April 2021).
Their kid-tech solutions ensure the protection of young people's data, targeting, and experiences online - brands like Mattel, Hasbro, Disney and Lego depend on SuperAwesome for creative, contagious and kid-centric strategies that stick.
The timing of joining as a Brand Strategist is compelling - this is a newly founded function already proven to drive brand ideation, business value and a new status quo for enterprise brands looking to elevate their youth-centric marketing. Be the idea station, brand storyteller, and culture contributor in a company with major backing and cred that is still early enough for you to learn big and impact wide.
Report to Allie Walker, (who established the Brand Strategy foundation earlier this year) to create youth marketing concepts that challenge the status quo and break into new verticals. Prepare to leverage your research, analytics, and audience behavior expertise to unlock new opportunities for brands. Make an impact with youth audiences, youth culture, the digital ecosystem, and cultural trends with internal stakeholders as well as clients to help move the business forward. You’ll be innately focused on realizing how our digital worlds shape the stories, brand affinities, and connections of day-to-day life (particularly, relating to culture and our youth).
You Can Expect To:
- Create and present thoughtful and provocative narratives and creative solutions based on insights from consumer research and marketplace data
- Maintain a deep knowledge of category and competitive activity and keep a finger on the pulse of existing and emerging consumer and cultural trends
- Partner with sales, creative services, and product teams to develop disruptive ideas and experiences at multiple customer touch-points that breakthrough in the category
- Collaborate with sales to develop new and innovative opportunities to increase revenue
- Work with internal stakeholders from briefing through creative concepts, and bring fresh thinking to the ideation process
- Analyze data and research from internal marketing teams to find unique whitespace opportunities that inspire creative solutions
- Inform product development based on client feedback and performance
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of experience in brand strategy
- Proven ability to break new verticals with strategic thinking and storytelling
- You can engage client stakeholders with credibility and positive influence - understanding what’s behind their ideas, while sharing yours with rationale and logic is second nature to you by now
- An expert storyteller- you don’t just know the why’s behind an idea, you know how to make ideas sing through a strong narrative
- Tapped into trends, obsessed with audience behaviors, and adept at turning mountains of research into the clearest insights possible
- Relentless in your curiosity, and rigorously look for ‘the why’ in your work, client goals, and your own ideas
- Experience with U16 audience and their digital habits
- Vertical expertise across entertainment, CPG, toy brands, retail
- Fully paid Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with 5% company match + profit sharing pension
- Unlimited PTO + 10 bank holidays
- Family Leave up to 4 weeks fully paid plus 4 weeks of reduced hours at full pay to accommodate transition back to work
- Pregnancy Leave 8 weeks full pay following the birth of the child
- Culture & Wellness regular team off-sites, lunches, wellness events and learning opportunities annually