Senior Product Manager
Recess.tv is a VC-backed wellness platform that’s creating unprecedented instructor (creator) capacity. Their video capabilities and custom tech tools empower FitPros to create premium content that rivals traditional fitness content. Meanwhile, fitness goers get access to an unmatched breadth of instructors to find the community and workout that fits them.
Created in the wake of Covid-19, Recess equips the fitness industry with the technology that levels the playing field and unlocks income opportunities at scale. In March 2020 alone, there was a 147% YOY increase in consumption of on-demand fitness classes via streaming apps and subscription platforms which has grown steadily amidst the ‘new normal’. This is despite poor customer satisfaction (if you took a yoga class on zoom or tried to watch a boxing class on IGTV for $15 / class; you know what I mean).
This paradigm shift into virtual fitness has been taking shape over the last 5 years. 2020 accelerated and cemented the industry’s need for virtual evolution while highlighting the gaps in traditional brick-and-mortar environments; (including the glass ceiling that fitness instructors face when limited to monetization and workout expression controlled by a single fitness studio or IRL structure).
Recess.tv is a vertically integrated wellness platform. Launched in 2020 by the Founder’s expertise in wellness, fitness, technology, and operational excellence. Join a company that’s challenging the status quo and embracing the ‘new normal’ to empower everyone, everywhere, to reach their wellness goals.
Own the “whole” product experience. Leverage your expertise in data, streaming, search, and video content to elevate Recess value and user engagement cross-platform. Help build and evangelize the next generation of platform services that will power critical capabilities for FitPros and fitness goers.
Align engineering, design, customer personas, and industry trends to drive a product roadmap that prioritizes revenue streams and unrivaled user engagement. Partner with the CTO to lead the newly founded product development function, including but not limited to: User research & analytics, product strategy, product design, execution, and QA.
Report directly to the CEO and cultivate a culture of camaraderie and customer-first mentality and makes wellness a human priority.
Is This You?
- 7+ years of experience in product management
- Experience as a Product Manager building platform services/products (ie: content creator tools/platforms, streaming, and/or marketplaces)
- You are a force multiplier for engineering counterparts by planning and managing sprints with close alignment to business goals, prioritization, realistic expectations and XFN alignment across engineering, design and QA
- Strong sense of customer empathy to care deeply about customer problems and user experience
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven product decision-making mindset
- Collaborative team player, with strong communication skills, including the ability to translate complex technical products and features into simple concepts and presentations
- Deep understanding of fitness content tech, trends, competition, and industry
- Strong bias for action, creative thinking, innovation and data-driven product decision-making
- Exposure to agile software development
- Passion for solving exciting technical problems and building intuitive user experience
- Passionate about the accessibility of wellness/fitness programs