Head of Product
Recess.tv is a VC-backed wellness platform that’s creating unprecedented instructor (creator) capacity. Their video capabilities and custom tech tools empower FitPros to create premium content that rivals traditional fitness content. Meanwhile, fitness goers get access to an unmatched breadth of instructors to find the community and workout that fits them.
Created in the wake of Covid-19, Recess equips the fitness industry with the technology that levels the playing field and unlocks income opportunities at scale. In March 2020 alone, there was a 147% YOY increase in consumption of on-demand fitness classes via streaming apps and subscription platforms which has grown steadily amidst the ‘new normal’. This is despite poor customer satisfaction (if you took a yoga class on zoom or tried to watch a boxing class on IGTV for $15 / class; you know what I mean).
This paradigm shift into virtual fitness has been taking shape over the last 5 years. 2020 accelerated and cemented the industry’s need for virtual evolution while highlighting the gaps in traditional brick-and-mortar environments (including the glass ceiling that fitness instructors face when limited to monetization and workout expression controlled by a single fitness studio or IRL structure).
Recess.tv is a vertically integrated wellness platform. Launched in 2020 by the Founder’s expertise in wellness, fitness, technology, and operational excellence. Join a company that’s challenging the status quo and embracing the ‘new normal’ to empower everyone, everywhere, to reach their wellness goals.
Align Recess.tv’s value proposition, company vision, and product roadmap with maximum user value. Be the conductor, communicator, and coach. Orchestrate the product by setting clear goals, metrics and cadence activities. Set the frameworks that set product teams, engineering and growth for success. Look beyond where the product, users, and market is today to keep Recess.tv advancing the possibilities of FitPros and wellness goers alike.
Leverage your expertise in B2C platforms and recognize the important milestones when growing a dual-side marketplace.
Drive revenue streams and unrivaled user engagement with continuous feedback loops that celebrate user-centric data and analytics. Report to CEO, align with CTO, and create a deep user empathy into the product process and development approach.
Is This You?
- 11+ years of experience in product management building platform services/products (ie: content creator tools/platforms, streaming, and/or marketplaces)
- Manage, coach, and develop a growing team of Product Managers, making tradeoffs to remove roadblocks, and evaluate new ideas.
- Proven to scale early-stage platform(s) with clear product market fit and features that deliver unparalleled user-value
- Innovate, experiment, and test changes to the product that impact adoption, conversion, and retention without burning engineering resources - be an entrepreneur
- Quickly A/B test, remove or adjust unused features and double down on features that work
- Build the most innovative Fitness tech platform in the world, doing things no one would have imagined they need or even possible
- Demonstrated ability to manage high complexity, uncertainty, and ambiguity.
- Creates the right dialogue, systems and infrastructure for an idea and ROI feedback loop that runs continuously, and engages design, engineering, and growth teams to keep customer advocacy and data at the forefront
Who You Are:
- An entrepreneurial spirit: you’re a self-starter, can identify opportunities, understand the potential impact, and effectively prioritize across competing priorities.
- You study fitness trends, know what’s on the leading edge, and can see around corners for what’s next
- Deep understanding of fitness content tech, trends, competition, and industry
- Strong bias for action, creative thinking, innovation and data-driven product decision-making
- Collaborative team player, with strong communication skills, including the ability to translate complex technical products and features into simple concepts and presentations
- Proficient in Agile processes
- Passion for solving exciting technical problems and building intuitive user experience
- Passionate about the accessibility of wellness/fitness programs