Head of Marketing
Recess.tv is a VC-backed wellness platform that’s creating unprecedented instructor (creator) capacity. Their video capabilities and custom tech tools empower FitPros to create premium content that rivals traditional fitness content. Meanwhile, fitness goers get access to an unmatched breadth of instructors to find the community and workout that fits them.
Covid accelerated the adoption of online fitness but everyone has focused on hardware solutions, completely ignoring the people that make fitness possible, instructors. Even Recess’ competitors miss the mark of fully understanding the fitness lifecycle from instructor to consumer, resulting in solutions that do not work for most. Recess.tv has built a platform and community that disrupts the status quo to deliver a product and solution for everyone.
Recess.tv is a vertically integrated wellness platform. Launched in 2020 by the teams’ expertise in wellness, fitness, technology, and operational excellence. Join a company that’s challenging the status quo and embracing the ‘new normal’ to empower everyone, everywhere, to reach their wellness goals.
Relentlessly study product market fit and who Recess.tv is solving for. Ensure Recess.tv value resonates across relevant channels, in the most relevant ways, at the most pivotal times. Be prepared to build a thoughtful strategy for growth where analytics and data take center stage; and “growth hacking” makes occasional appearances. Create the framework and strategy for scalable, repeatable means of growing user base with frictionless experience and iterative campaigns.
Keep user-empathy palpable and maintain brand integrity across digital channels for continuous look, feel and appeal in both in-house and agency work. Curiosity, creativity, data-driven growth marketing strategies and a capacity to work in entrepreneurial environments is mission-critical. You will report to the CEO and be a part of the Leadership Team.
You Can Expect To:
- Determine the channels, customer segments and messaging for a dual-sided marketplace
- Create the systems and levers that drive digital conversation across social and online environments
- Set strategies for endemic and new verticals; challenging assumptions through data every step of the way
- Build and grow a growth-minded marketing team that serves as a business partner and translator to product, engineering and sales
- Optimize product-led acquisition, onboarding, and retention across web and in-app experiences
- Facilitate experimentation and analysis to optimize experiences, increase conversion, and product engagement
- Set Growth Marketing goals with leadership, and achieve revenue target and online user KPIs while improving onboarding and lifecycle experience through experimentation
Is This You?
- 10+ years of performance or growth marketing experience for B2C platforms or dual-side marketplaces - experience with a high-growth online trial and repeat engagement is essential
- Proven to lead growth marketing for early-stage companies where agility and precision is clear in action and outcome
- Proficient in product analytics, new user conversion and in-app engagement
- Successful track record of coaching and empowering a team to take initiative and drive measurable impact initiative and identify
- Strong ad-tech and omni-channel growth strategies throughout customer lifecycle
- Analytical acumen and experience taking industry, user, and target audience data into account for strategy, optimization, and iteration
- Proven program and project management skills
- Strong ability to inspire, energize, and provoke diversity of thought
- Listen to understand, study to uncover, and communicate for clarity