People Business Partner
At the intersection of technology, science, business, and sports, Strivr offers an end-to-end, VR-based immersive learning platform that changes the way people around the world train, learn and perform. With a mission to elevate performance through an immersive experience, they are redefining an industry in real-time and shaping the future of learning.
Strivr was founded in 2015 out of Stanford University’s Virtual Human Interaction Lab, using the football field as their proving ground. Since then, they have quickly expanded from the athlete to the enterprise, partnering with leading Fortune 500 companies, including Walmart, Verizon, and Fidelity, to innovate and elevate employee development.
More than just content inside a headset, immersive learning provides realistic, high-impact experiences driven by L&D experts, instructional designers, data scientists, and immersive content specialists. Strivr offers the only end-to-end solution available today, bringing together the software, hardware, content, and services needed to deliver practical training at scale.
Recognized by Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2020 and named one of Inc. magazine’s Best Workplaces 2019, they take pride in our passion for innovation, and they use that energy to fuel our work. Their culture thrives on teamwork, grit, transparency, and impact and celebrates every win. It’s an exciting time to join their fast-growing team!
Strivr is seeking a People Business Partner to ensure that People Programs are executed effectively while advocating and coaching managers to lead highly engaged and successful teams. You will use data to guide your work, be comfortable influencing partners and build programs and processes. The ideal candidate will contribute by leveraging hands-on and strategic plans to cultivate an outstanding employee experience. You will bring thought leadership and creative solutions while collaborating closely with leadership to achieve business goals.
You Can Expect To:
- Execute and manage our people programs for your specific business units, including performance check-ins, compensation, engagement, and career development.
- Advocate for and coach managers through performance management, HR programs, and difficult conversations.
- Analyze trends and use data to help develop people programs and influence change to make teams more effective.
- Assist with change management through thoughtful communication, training, and rollout of updated or new people programs.
- Compile themes from employees and work with our DEI, recruiting, and People Ops teams to cater programs to specific needs.
- Address and resolve employee questions, concerns, or complaints quickly, amicably, and with empathy by applying advanced knowledge of employment law, experience, and sound judgment
- .Partner with VP People to align talent goals to department business goals such as organizational design, succession planning, change management, career pathing, talent reviews, and Future of Work.
Is This You?
- Experience working on a team of HR professionals in a People Business Partner capacity or similar experience, preferably with a mix of experience in fast-growing technology companies and more established organizations
- .Strong analytical and project management skills, proven ability to design transparent processes, and a very detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem-solving.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, can tailor communication to different audiences
- .Experience with independently driving projects and earning the trust of your partners
- .The ability to coach and partner with different levels of employees
- .Proven ability to partner and influence across diverse groups and experience levels.
- Bonus Points: Coaching certificate