Founded out of Stanford’s StartX accelerator, this is a female-founded company focused on enhancing the quality and operational capacity of our nation’s school districts. The founders are intentionally focused on stable and steady organic growth over venture capital cash, keeping the vision and direction of the business in the capable hands of those building it.
Informed K12 “I-K12” software automates workflows for K-12 School Districts nationwide (currently CA, WA, TX, and NY). By helping schools operate more efficiently and securely, I-K12 lightens the operational load for administrators via file management systems, process automation, and permission settings that track approval workflows. We’re seeking ambitious, creative, and fearless individuals to join our foundational sales team.
You are an ambitious, creative, and fearless Senior Account Executive that is eager to collaborate, refine, and build a new category within educational technology. Leveraging your solution sales skills buyers, you thrive in pitching and closing new value propositions with a broad spectrum of users. Your clients appreciate your sales style, which is rooted in strong discovery and qualification, and experience working in a number of different markets with different platform products has taught you how to adapt quickly and manage a high level of complexity. You value your teammates and are a great source of information and tips for you, and you’re just as willing to be that for them. You prefer sharing what you learn in the field and are excited to establish repeatable and sustainable sales processes that scale.
You Can Expect To:
- Define and implement territory sales plans that strategically build a network of key clients, advocates, and extend market reach.
- Consistently achieve or exceed annual quota targets within the territory through new clients, upsells, and cross-selling.
- Prospect and manage pipeline with 3-6 month sales cycles and a dynamic buyer landscape.
- Develop relationships with director and Superintendent-level roles through solution selling and in-person visits, while achieving buy-in from all relevant stakeholders.
- Maximize territory penetration and keep abreast of industry and market dynamics affecting the selling environment.
- Prioritize and manage sales activities through our CRM database.
- Collaborate with peers and customer success to achieve individual and team goals.
- Represent Informed K12 at conferences and other networking events.
Is This You?
- Ability to quickly identify and clearly pitch value propositions to the right buyer at the right time. You’ll need to sell and achieve quotas of $600,000+ a year.
- 5+ years of experience demonstrating increasing responsibility in business development, partnerships, and mid-market to enterprise SaaS sales (K-12 Sales preferred but not required).
- Start-up experience is a plus, including (but not limited to) taking a new product to market and category creation.
- Experience learning and selling to different markets.
- Proven track record of success using a consultative or solution sales approach.
- You are well-versed in how to manage a sales cycle, using your ability to listen and connect to make clients commit to the next steps.
- A quantifiable track record that illustrates your ability to stay organized, connect with buyers, and achieve measurable goals.
- Tangible experience selling to diverse buying groups, including experience navigating complex organizations and selling to highest-level decision-makers.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, you are able to sell a vision to diverse audiences fluidly.
- Experience with a CRM, Salesforce preferred