Team Lead, Customer Success
At Informed K12, they’re on a mission to help school district administrators operate efficiently and gain insight into their most critical school business processes. Still today, most school districts have hundreds of mission-critical processes that run on paper, making visibility and improvement near impossible. They transform paperwork from a daily stumbling block to a strategic tool. This makes it possible to hire the right teachers for the right classrooms faster, manage bus routes for students without permanent housing, ensure teachers get reimbursed and paid on time, and a lot more. In short, they are powering the future of school district operations by helping district administrators drive the systemic change needed to improve productivity, accountability, and equity.
The founders came out of Stanford University’s Graduate School of Education. Informed K12 (formerly Chalk Schools) was one of the first companies funded by Stanford’s StartX accelerator and top education technology incubator Imagine K12, now part of Y Combinator. Learn more at www.informedk12.com.
At Informed K12, a critical part of what they offer is a high-touch, consultative approach to implementation, where they leverage expertise to provide school districts with a clear path to success. They are looking for a results-oriented Customer Success Team Lead to lead a team of customer success members, who play a central role in InformedK12’s mission by building and maintaining strong relationships with a portfolio of school districts. You will drive the growth and relationship strategies for the portfolio with a keen focus on key performance metrics (adoption, retention, and growth).
This customer-facing role requires outstanding relationship management and program management skills, and the ability to learn quickly. As a member of the Customer Success leadership team, you will work closely with cross-functional teams to improve our processes and make key decisions as we scale the company. Your advice and perseverance will help K-12 schools and districts achieve significant positive change and success faster than they ever thought possible.
You Can Expect To:
- Oversee a large portfolio of accounts with the goal of fostering strategic, long-term relationships.
- Drive and measure net revenue and retention goals as well as other key performance metrics such as upsells, at-risk activities, pipeline management, and the overall health of the portfolio.
- Provide thought leadership and be a point of escalation with clients for your team and provide partnership on district strategy.
- Coach and develop the individual contributors on the team and drive scalable, operational process improvements.
- Collaborate and strategize with other leaders in the cross-functional teams such as the Sales, Operations, and Product teams.
Is This You
- 5+ years of account management, implementation, or sales experience in software/SaaS or program management in education.
- 2+ years managing account teams and individual contributors.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to build relationships, and work cross-functionally.
- High-level strategic thinker but able to roll up sleeves to solve a problem.
- Experience building strong internal and external relationships, including with senior-level executives throughout companies.
- Comfort with client management, including presentations to both small and large groups and managing challenging conversations.
- Self-starter with a passion for solving client problems and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage through ambiguity while remaining focused, flexible, and solutions-oriented.
- Early-stage startup experience, or experience working in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Experience working in K-12 schools or districts.