Client Contract Specialist
Founded out of Stanford’s StartX accelerator, this is a female-founded company focused on enhancing the quality and operational capacity of our nation’s school districts. The founders are intentionally focused on stable and steady organic growth over venture capital cash, keeping the vision and direction of the business in the capable hands of those building it.
Informed K12 “I-K12” software automates workflows for K-12 School Districts nationwide (currently CA, WA, TX, and NY). By helping schools operate more efficiently and securely, I-K12 lightens the operational load for administrators via file management systems, process automation, and permission settings that track approval workflows. We’re seeking ambitious, creative, and fearless individuals to join our foundational sales team.
As a Client Contract Specialist, you are the primary touchpoint for sales, customer success, and the client as they navigate the later stages of our sales process. As part of the Operations team, you will work in a cross-functional role that consults with the Sales, Customer Success, and Operations teams in driving efficiency for the sales process. You will own district-facing communication to provide transparency around contract terms and increase the effectiveness of requirements and materials gathering. As part of the close strategy execution, you’ll also play a lead role in training internal revenue teams on processes and best practices, accelerating their ability to produce high-quality results. This role reports to the Sr. Manager, Revenue Operations, and has a growth path into the deal desk management side of operations.
You Can Expect To:
- Prepare and review bid packages including work specifications, time commitments, core objectives and benefits, packaging and pricing, and contractual terms.
- Review packaging and pricing for accuracy and approve requested pricing discounts or package exceptions
- Review and approve contractual documents to ensure policy compliance and customer satisfaction
- Review and evaluate contract revisions involving billing and renewal terms, technical specifications, cost, or implementation schedule that may impact the company
- Ensure proper execution of contract requirements including the scope of work documentation, exception management, and internal handoff procedures
- Resolve a diverse range of complex issues and questions for internal and district teams related to pricing, contractual agreements, and implementation process
- Interpret and analyze contractual documents and provide insight into trends or compliance issues
- Proactively identify and address process efficiency gaps to improve the time to close and implementation readiness of new clients
- Assist in the development of new templates and service offers, including contractual agreements, risk assessments, and pricing approvals
- Maintain data integrity by identifying and fixing data inconsistencies and instilling data quality standards across all data-related activities
- Document and train revenue teams on process improvements and change management related to Revenue Operations
Is This You?
- 1+ years of sales or customer success operations or similar experience
- Exceptional attention to detail and a strong interest in process improvement and analytics
- Strong project management skills and the ability to take on multiple projects at one time and expertly project manage processes from start to finish because you are highly organized, prioritize tasks, and communicate when you need help
- Interest in data-driven insights to drive decision making
- Experience or high level of comfort communicating directly with clients and training internal teams on best practices
- Passion for K-12 school systems
- Early-stage startup experience, or experience working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Experience with B2B companies
- Experience with Salesforce or similar tools is a plus
- Experience in K12 school systems or an edtech company