Director of Product
Founded out of Stanford’s StartX accelerator, this is a female-founded company focused on enhancing the quality and operational capacity of our nation’s school districts. The founders are intentionally focused on stable and steady organic growth over venture capital cash, keeping the vision and direction of the business in the capable hands of those building it.
Informed K12 “I-K12” software automates workflows for K-12 School Districts nationwide (currently CA, WA, TX and NY). By helping schools operate more efficiently and securely, I-K12 lightens the operational load for administrators via file management systems, process automation, and permission settings that track approval workflows. We are looking for a Product Leader to drive strategies for how we develop and execute our product roadmap.
Help drive Informed K12’s product vision as it scales to answer the industry’s increasing demand for EdTech. As a Senior-level individual contributor with a seat at the table, you will lead Product Management by staying on top of what customers need, while keeping your team’s pulse on technology trends and market demand.
You can expect to:
- Work with the senior management team in developing a strong vision for Informed K12 while owning communication with stakeholders to create product roadmap alignment
- Create and drive processes on how leadership makes strategic decisions and communicates effectively across growing teams and stakeholders as they scale
- Partner closely with engineering, design, and business teams to deliver solutions that satisfy customer experience, business, and technology goals
- Still be hands-on in your participation in sprints (planning, writing user stories, etc.), QA and release processes
Is this you?
- You have 5+ years of product management experience for a B2B SaaS company, preferably including some experience at a startup
- Behind the proof of success from products you have helped create and release, your product management toolkit comes with a strong ability to
- define use cases
- synthesize requirements into platform and services capabilities, writing very clear and thorough user stories
- prioritize (and re-prioritize!) backlog and build cross-functional alignment around those priorities
- prioritize between features, architectural improvements and operational excellence
- use a data-driven approach to feature prioritization and defining release criteria
- You have exceptional communication and presentation abilities