Product Marketing Lead
Fanhouse was started to help creators like their cofounder Jasmine have a safe space to make money online. Their small team of 7 has helped creators earn over $3M in the past year.
If you believe in a future where social media is more authentic and focused on creators, join Fanhouse on their mission to empower online creators and build a rapidly-growing consumer social platform connecting creators with their top fans.
Who they can count on to...
- own: market positioning, market research, data gathering on creators and fans, competitive analyses, copy and language for product, website, and PR
- teach: communicate to users the benefits and value of Fanhouse, formalize to the team what user personas are thriving on Fanhouse, show the team what unmet creator and fan needs are not currently being serviced in the market
- learn: explore where Fanhouse sits in the current landscape for creator tools and social media platforms, and where it could go; dig into what is the most valuable thing to managers, creators, and fans; discover what the most effective GTM-strategy is for various verticals
- improve: internal marketing processes and evaluation methods, data about creator and fan demographics, sales and creator acquisition strategies, branding and messaging
Within 1 month you will:
- Interview Fanhouse creators and fans to gather data and insights, present these to the company
- Familiarize yourself with the product and what features deliver value for creators and fans
- Understand Fanhouse’s current position in the market
- Be able to clearly communicate Fanhouse’s branding and messaging
- Work with founders and designers to build out user personas and target creator profiles with high granularity of segmentation
Within 3 months you will:
- Run competitive analyses to understand why creators might be using other platforms
- Conduct research into what managers (gaming, influencers, music) are looking for when signing their talent up for new platforms, communicate those results into a GTM-strategy for acquiring top-tier talent
- Become an expert with the product, understand how Fanhouse features contribute to a unique product experience in the market
- Dictate copy and language across product, website, and PR to effectively communicate value
- Work with Jasmine to maximize PR opportunities
Within 6 months you will:
- Lead efforts to identify new product opportunities for Fanhouse
- Collect metrics on various marketing campaigns to evaluate KPIs
- Get involved in hiring by interviewing and evaluating marketing candidates
- Help train new marketing hires
- Work with sales to drive GTM and acquisition strategy, especially in new verticals like music
- Work with Creator Success team to understand needs of top creators, communicate this to product team
Within 12 months you will:
- Maintain and expand GTM “playbooks” for marketing across verticals as they expand
- Lead large-scale marketing campaigns, potentially as a marketing executive
- Evaluate ROI on marketing initiatives and allocate resources accordingly
- Help to hire other marketing executives
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to analyze pricing, positioning, product features, and continued growth
You’d be a great fit if you:
- Have 3-5 years of growth, sales, business development, or product marketing experience
- Have deep knowledge or relationships in entertainment, creators, or talent
- Have a track record of breaking down consumer markets and growing consumer Platforms
What is Fanhouse?
There are over 50 million creators on the internet. Some have thousands of fans, some have millions. At Fanhouse, they believe that *every* creator generates immense cultural value and fosters deep community -- and they should be fairly paid for that. Fanhouse is a subscription social media platform where online creators share the behind-the-scenes of their lives and engage with their closest fans. Since launch, creators have earned over $3,000,000 from their fans on Fanhouse, enabling them to pay off medical bills, student loans, rent, and credit card debt.
Fanhouse’s team values unique perspectives and experiences, and they encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.