Sr. Manager, Customer Marketing Programs
Over ten years ago, AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded to revolutionize the way property management businesses grow and compete. Today, their end-to-end software solution serves over 20,000 property and legal businesses with easy-to-use, cloud-based products. AppFolio believes simpler is better and innovative products are key to a great business. With holistic offerings that address the needs of mobility, automation, enhanced user experience and insights, AppFolio can deliver robust solutions that grow with their clients. Join to be a part of a company known for integrity, innovation, and technology that improves the way companies operate.
AppFolio was ranked as one of the 25 Highest-Rated Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work and its President & CEO, Jason Randall has a consistent approval rating of 95% - 100% on Glassdoor. AppFolio is a technology company that cultivates a palpable culture of curiosity, collaboration, and growth.
With offices in Santa Barbara, Dallas, and San Diego, their business is built for long-term success fueled by happy, loyal customers and a team of AppFolians. To learn more about AppFolio and their company values, check out their Muse Profile. The Muse.
This position drives customer growth, adoption, usage and love by developing and leading the implementation of a strategic marketing programs plan. The Sr. Manager, Customer Marketing Programs will design customer touch points—influenced by customer insights and foundational knowledge of AppFolio customers and internal data—to enable more segmented, personalized, and optimized approaches and to create market-leading customer experiences. They will lead the customer marketing team in the creation, implementation, management, and evaluation of programs in multiple channels including customer communication, email nurture, website, in-app, and events. The ideal candidate has experience in program strategy and is an experienced, data-driven leader.
This role can be within PST or CST and will manage the Customer Growth Marketing Manager and Customer Marketing Specialist. This role works closely with other marketing programs managers, marketing operations, product marketing, as well as leaders in customer success, growth sales and value added services.
You Can Expect To:
- Lead the strategy and development of a comprehensive marketing programs plan in alignment with the high-level business outcomes to drive customer growth, adoption, usage, education and advocacy.
- Drive quarterly planning for the customer marketing team in partnership with Growth Sales and Services leaders.
- Own the quarterly marketing mix + customer communications calendar to increase awareness around innovations, product launches, and to drive steady engagement and demand for the Growth Sales and Services teams.
- Bring customer voice forward, ensuring AppFolio customers see themselves in their communications and marketing content, as well as share with them the unique AppFolio culture, reinforcing company values and deep technology partnership.
- Define key KPIs for all programs that your team owns and partner with Analytics to create views that illuminate actionable insights and performance tracking.
- Regularly evaluate customer adoption and program performance and optimize to drive business outcomes.
- Be proactive in reviewing and feeding insights back into the team and adjust strategy as needed for optimal customer engagement and program performance.
- Regularly present and evangelize the customer marketing strategy and outcomes to key stakeholders across the business.
- Work closely with product product marketing managers to ensure the customer marketing team is up-to-date with the latest industry trends and customer challenges in order to build more effective content and messaging to drive product adoption and education.
Who You Are:
- BA/BS degree
- 6+ years of experience in marketing, campaigns, communications, programs planning
- Strategic thinker
- Deep understanding of the market landscape
- Exceptional project management and written/oral communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in driving meaningful customer engagement through marketing strategies and tactics
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities with ease and composure while continuing to meet established deadlines
- Experience partnering with teams across departments to manage relationships with various partners and accomplish objectives
- Genuine enthusiasm and highly likeable