Strategic Events Manager
They’re innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. More than just a software company — they’re a cloud-based powerhouse that creates products to make customers’ lives easier. They are revolutionizing the way people do business, and they want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help them keep on innovating.
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Their easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses. Their software solutions exist in the real estate vertical, including AppFolio Property Manager and AppFolio Investment Management.
- The Strategic Events Manager will have a critical role in conceptualizing, planning and bringing AppFolio’s strategic events to life. The right person will take the lead in the development and end-to-end execution of the flagship Annual Customer Conference, the re-envisioning of the roadshow series, the launch of their customer advisory events, and the piloting of key customer and prospect focused and thought leadership events and experiences.
- This candidate will have extensive experience in managing a diverse event portfolio, ideally for midsize to enterprise companies, and has a proven track record in designing large-scale and complex events for fast-growth companies.
- Reporting to the Director, Events, you will effectively work across the organization with a wide range of departments and functional teams ranging from executive leadership to 3rd party vendors. This role is ever-evolving, and will work closely with key stakeholders to ensure that AppFolio has the right event portfolio mix as we continue to be one of the fastest-growing companies in the real estate management industry.
- Day-to-day responsibilities include event conceptualization, strategy, project management of complex workflows, and developing plans and presentations relevant to his/her events ownership, as we scale our events portfolio to the business needs.
You Can Expect To:
- Will transition to lead in the end-to-end management of the Annual Customer Conference, our largest proprietary event.
- Conceptualize, develop, and execute the launch of their Customer Advisory Board event program.
- Re-envision and execute the end-to-end planning of the in-person roadshow series.
- Design unique and impactful multi-segment events and experiences that align with business objectives.
- Innovate, plan, and project manage multi-segment strategic and thought leadership events.
- Will be a critical asset to the events team in diversifying the event portfolios as they go upmarket.
- Develop and manage event project timelines and plans, orchestrating end-to-end event workstreams that achieve desired objectives and key results.
Is This You?
- BA/BS degree or above.
- 6-8+ years of experience in Event marketing, trade show, and conference management.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a lead role on a user conference or a flagship proprietary event.
- Highly motivated self-starter, with excellent project management, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in working across the organization from C-Suite to Procurement, IT, and Legal, as extensive management of 3rd party agencies/vendors.
- Extensive experience in managing conferences, specifically with paid attendance.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously while successfully working cross-functionally.
- Strong business writing and communication capabilities, preferably with direct experience in B2B marketing.
- Resourceful problem solver with the ability to collaborate effectively across multiple groups.
- Agile, with experience in navigating the business and getting things done.
- Strong critical thinking skills, versed in navigating complex situations.
- Creative thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit and strong implementation ability.
- Empathetic, positive attitude, and a great sense of humor.
- Able to build, articulate and present presentations for the appropriate audiences.
- Experience with GoogleSuite, Slack, Salesforce, and the ability to grasp and use a diverse tech stack is preferred.