Senior Frontend Developer
Join a fully and self-funded early-stage startup with a CEO / Founder who himself has a tech background and has worked at a Unicorn. They pride themselves in understanding the value of paying market salaries in addition to granting equity in the company you’ll be helping to grow. You’d be doing this all remotely, provided you are authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for sponsorship and can productively set your workday around PST regular business hours.
OSR Alliance is looking for a strong Senior Frontend Engineer who wants to jump-in and build a product from the ground-floor with experienced entrepreneurs and software engineers.
3 things to know about the team
- They’re highly driven by the desire to create a company - not just a product - and as such, are looking for a new fully-contributing teammate, not just another body to crank out code.
- It’s a very small, early-stage company, just approaching 15 in size. You’d be hire #2 or #3 on the Frontend team. That should both scare and excite you.
- They’re geo-distributed across the U.S. Where you choose to live/work is fine with them if it suits you.
3 things you can expect to accomplish within your first 6 months
- Contribute to product builds from planning to architecture to implementation; this includes working on at least one product from near-inception and advocating for improvements to other established products quality, security, and performance
- Work with the UI / UX designers and the engineering team to drive results
- Contribute to the culture of this new team by practicing and promoting progressive engineering practices and the high desire to get stuff done, and done well
3 key things we need you to bring
- Prior success being a self-driven frontend engineer who can communicate and collaborate well while working remotely
- Expert skills in React (3+ years required), React Native (2+ years required), Redux (2+ years required), and Electron (preferred, but not required)
- An obsession with creating insanely great user experiences (non-negotiable)
Bonus if you are already into, or are intrigued by
- Single design system (micro front-end architecture)
- Chat capability / realtime features
- Keeping the codebase and platform clean and optimized; this team is not afraid to tackle a complete re-architecture and refactoring, re-engineering the web platform...whatever it takes to do it well