Sr. Visual Designer – Investment Management
Investment Management at AppFolio, Inc. is home to innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. They're more than just a software company — they're a cloud-based powerhouse that creates products to make their customers’ lives easier. They're revolutionizing the way people do business, and want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help them keep on innovating. AppFolians love where they work and you can, too.
The Senior Visual Designer is a motivated, energetic leader with the creative ability to design cutting-edge marketing solutions true to the AppFolio brand DNA. You are a highly-creative conceptual thinker, with a knack for detail, a hands-on designer and collaborator, who strives for form meeting function.
This full-time position is responsible for providing designs (digital + print) for AppFolio's marketing programs and corporate communications to help drive AppFolio brands and conversion revenue. Design solutions may include concepting, wireframing, digital campaigns, digital marketing (including the entire customer journey) website UI/UX, developing new design systems and components, events (virtual + in-person), and designing presentation decks. You will work with a team of designers and art directors to maintain and elevate AppFolio’s brand across all media types.
As Senior Visual Designer, you will work closely with and report to the AppFolio Investment Management Art Director. You’ll be working closely with the marketing team on strategic initiatives, projects, and asset creation.
You Can Expect To:
- Design and lead multiple design projects from conceptualization to completion, delivering market-ready assets in an agile environment.
- Adhere to calendar deadlines, collaborate with team members and key stakeholders and provide strategic direction and hands-on design.
- Understand creative briefs and knowledge of industry trends and marketing tools into innovative, effective trend-forward designs.
- Lead and mentor designers through clear and consistent coaching and development.
- Present design concepts with strong verbal and visual execution, while clearly communicating design vision.
- Works with the creative leadership team to implement brand vision, design language and product direction
- Develops and implements design themes and concepts that capture new markets and increases consumer demand to drive MQLs.
- Present new ideas and out-of-the-box digital marketing solutions to help grow AppFolio products
- Work both independently and collaborate with cross-functional teams of copywriters, developers, and marketers, as well as outside agencies/contractors
- Maintain a sharp and innovative eye for visual detail, innovation and forward-moving plans to help drive AppFolio brands and conversion revenue.
Who You Are:
- Relevant B.A. Degree and/or 5-7 years of strategic graphic design with a strong portfolio in digital design (print, a plus)
- Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
- A firm understanding of typography hierarchy and the skills to implement it
- Expert knowledge in industry-leading software and technologies (Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, and Google Suite)
- Advanced knowledge of responsive web design, with a mobile first mentality
- Ability to work on multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Experience in managing other designers, influencing creative teams, and giving/receiving constructive feedback in a professional manner
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience using agile project management tools (Wrike, a plus)
- A love for pixels