Talent Acquisition Apprentice
Paid Internship: $15 an hour/ 12 hours a week
Location: Playa Vista WeWork
Duration: 3-4 months, with a possibility of extension
We’re Digital Knack (DK) – we help ad-tech, SaaS and next-gen startups build their teams and scale their culture. As a boutique recruiting firm that specializes in strategic talent placement, we solve people puzzles – connecting the right talent with the companies that need them, when they need them, is what we do best. As talent consultants, we dig into client business objectives, team dynamics and growth roadmaps to build a holistic recruiting strategy tailor-made for each client. With turn-key recruiting and talent consulting – we place entry to executive players that helps company scale with dynamic teams that work as cohesive units. In addition to serving hiring companies, we support candidates and professionals in marketing through career coaching and personal branding services.
At DK, Coffee will be served to you, not by you. You will be challenged, coached, and mentored. 20% of your program will be crafted around your specific interests. That might include managing our social platforms and curating social content or joining candidate consulting sessions where we talk personal branding and interview prep or perhaps it’s managing data and search algorithms. The remaining 80% will be centered around our core business initiatives taking place during your program. Our goal is to co-create an experience that is mutually beneficial, focused on sustainable skills that support your future and ours.
We’re looking for a scrappy, highly motivated and entrepreneurial-minded intern who wants to gain hands-on, real-world experience in the world of recruiting, talent consulting, and technology startups. The DK Apprenticeship Program provides students the necessary set of skills and business know-how to be a strategic recruiter. These skills can carry on to support sales, client management, strategic communications, and marketing. As a part of our team, you’ll be learning how we craft candidate search strategies and sourcing viable candidates. You will join in on interviews and client meetings to gain real-life experience from search to hire. This is a role for someone who wants to gain a holistic view of modern recruiting and roll up their sleeves to be part of the action.
Responsibilities will include things like:
- Helping create candidate search strategies and sourcing viable candidates with the client needs, culture and business objectives in mind
- Learning to craft candidate outreach (pitching job opportunities) based on a specific alignment of individual and role
- Participate in screening calls utilizing behavioral interview tactics & behavioral analysis
- Utilize software and tech tools like Salesforce, Outlook, Trello, Linkedin, Hootsuite, and WordPress
- Attendance at 1 (or more) industry events per month, alongside the DK crew
- Serving as a brand ambassador for Digital Knack and the clients in our portfolio
- Speaking up as a valued team member that asks questions and makes suggestions
Is This You?
- Entrepreneurial-minded individual with a passion (or passionate interest) in recruiting and talent consulting
- Scrappy, with a can-do attitude
- Self-starter who views no job as too big or too small
- Infinitely curious and driven
- High technical IQ
- Strong research skills and an analytical nature
- Proven ability to obtain new information quickly and apply such information in real-world scenarios
- Bonus points for previous internship experience (particularly tech startups and digital media companies)
Email email@example.com with your resume and responses to these questions:
- What are the top 3 things that excite you about this opportunity?
- The last 3 books you’ve read
- What do you have queued up on Netflix?