With over 400M connected medical devices worldwide and the value of the healthcare Internet of Things (IoT) market valued at $163 billion, it’s no surprise that venture funding in the Digital Health space has hit record highs year after year. A global startup with a regulated IoT platform for biopharma and medtech, San Jose-based BrightInsight has raised $65M in the past 10 months. Since launching their platform in 2018, the company has quickly established itself globally as the de facto underlying digital health infrastructure for the world’s top biopharma and medtech companies.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to build a foundation for their accounting career; providing broad experience across financial statement accounts as well as contributing to the creation of processes/systems that will lay the groundwork for our company to grow and scale.
The Staff Accountant is a key role at BrightInsight and will work closely with the Controller. We will rely on your ability to operate in a rapidly scaling, dynamic environment, and your strong organizational skills as well as attention to detail. In addition, this position is responsible for effectively executing policies and procedures to ensure accurate and timely recording of transactions in accordance with GAAP.
What you get to do in this role:
- Maintain full ownership of the Procure-to-Pay process, including:
- - Proper and timely processing of purchase orders
- Assuring appropriate order approvals and new vendor establishment
- Management of invoice receipt, entry and coding, and 3-way matching
- Discrepancy investigation and resolution
- Drive payment processing, ensuring timely vendor payment
- Serve as the key organizational contact for internal and external spend; verifying compliance with policies
- Work alongside the Controller and Senior Accountant to perform various journal entries, account reconciliations, and other ad hoc analyses in support of an accurate and timely end-of-month closing process
- Be an essential figure for the annual audit by providing supporting detail, analyses and answering auditor questions
- Support corporate and legal compliance through the preparation, issuance and filing of various tax and regulatory requirements
- Participate in initiatives to improve department processes by leveraging technology, documenting workflows, and bringing new ideas to the table
- Ad hoc projects and research as assigned
- Responsibilities are expected to grow after core task mastery is achieved
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics, or related field
- 2+ years of accounting experience, including some Big4 experience, is a plus
- Working knowledge of an accounting software system
- Solid understanding of US GAAP
- Good working knowledge of overall Microsoft business suite, specifically Excel (pivot tables, vlookup)
- A proactive, self-directed approach with the ability to multi-task, think creatively, and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional organizational skills, detail-oriented mindset, and a high sense of urgency
- Deadline focused with a strong work ethic
- Excellent and effective verbal and written communication skills, comfortable interacting with all levels of the organization
- Team-oriented with a positive attitude and a fit in our fast-paced, inclusive culture
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented people in the business. Despite currently being in a fully remote working environment, we continue to make collaboration, inclusion, and employee engagement a top priority. While these efforts continue to evolve, we have had (virtual) all-hands meetings, guest speakers, meditations, happy hours, team fitness events, milestone celebrations, and even “mental health days” when needed.