Sr. Manager, Media & Influencer Marketing
Over ten years ago, AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded to revolutionize the way property management businesses grow and compete. Today, their end-to-end software solution serves over 20,000 property and legal businesses with easy-to-use, cloud-based products. AppFolio believes simpler is better and innovative products are key to a great business. With holistic offerings that address the needs of mobility, automation, enhanced user experience and insights, AppFolio can deliver robust solutions that grow with their clients. Join to be a part of a company known for integrity, innovation, and technology that improves the way companies operate.
AppFolio was ranked as one of the 25 Highest-Rated Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work and its President & CEO, Jason Randall has a consistent approval rating of 95% - 100% on Glassdoor. AppFolio is a technology company that cultivates a palpable culture of curiosity, collaboration, and growth.
With offices in Santa Barbara, Dallas, and San Diego, their business is built for long-term success fueled by happy, loyal customers and a team of AppFolians. To learn more about AppFolio and their company values, check out their Muse Profile. The Muse.
The Senior Manager of Media & Influencer Marketing will design and implement comprehensive customer advocacy and influencer programs and deliver an integrated social media and PR strategy that produces measurable results, drives amazing experiences and deepens our partnerships. This role is responsible for the program strategy and day-to-day management of all influencer partnerships and customer advocates to ensure ongoing, strategic collaboration, tracking and measurement of mutually beneficial opportunities such as PR opportunities, content, speaking engagements, social media engagement and industry education. Our mission is to harness the power of word-of-mouth marketing and amplify the impact of happy customers, employees and engaged influencers.
You can expect to:
- Build, grow and manage a comprehensive customer advocacy program and partner with successful customers to: speak with and for us, write content and blog posts, share stories, UGC and references: provide constant, ongoing awareness and drumbeat of customer wins/successes
- Identify more effective strategies for embedding customer advocacy into other cross-functional areas including demand creation and customer lifecycle marketing
- Educate key internal partners (e.g. sales, customer success, program managers) about the availability and deployment of customer advocacy and influencer assets and interactions
- Develop and implement an influencer program strategy that includes employee, customer and industry influencers to drive growth, engagement, brand awareness and relationship building
- Maintain customer advocacy and influencer tools, documentation and database
- Research and collaborate with marketing team members to identify new advocates and influencers to grow the programs
- Match advocates and influencers with opportunities to share their stories, provide industry education and thought leadership in a variety of ways (speaking at events, developing content) through strong relationship building
- Develop a comprehensive social media strategy and grow and nurture a community of folks that engage with us on our digital channels – prospects, employees, customers, partners, thought leaders, media, etc.
- Leverage social media channels to engage customers, share customer voice, and support customer community efforts
- In collaboration the the PR team, develop and oversee a media strategy that drives consistent cadence of stories and media pitches to amplify our customer stories and partnership
- Track and measure program KPIs and regularly present on program performance and areas of opportunity to optimize
- In partnership with Product, manage our Customer Advisory Board program to inform our product roadmap and offerings
- Think creatively to define programs that surprise and delight customers and industry influencers
- Manage and mentor your team to success by defining clear outcomes, goals and areas of ownership
Skills and Knowledge:
- BA/BS degree
- 7+ years of experience in marketing communications & SaaS
- Ability to comfortably oversee multiple project workstreams and scopes of responsibilities, both managing upwards, downwards, and with cross-functional partners
- Exemplary communication and presentation skills with the ability to speak confidently in small or large groups at various levels
- Strategic and persuasive, with an eye for memorable storytelling and a proven track record of articulating strategies and programs plans to gain stakeholder buy-in and alignment
- Broad understanding of the influencer marketing space and advocacy programs with a passion for networking and building relationships with other people
- Creative thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit and strong implementation ability
- Positive attitude and a great sense of humor
- Excellent project management, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Highly motivated, resourceful problem-solver with the ability to lead and interact effectively with cross-functional teams