Senior Manager, Communications and Advocacy Programs
Over ten years ago, AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded to revolutionize the way businesses grow and compete. Today, their vertical based software serves over 20,000 property and legal businesses with easy-to-use, cloud-based solutions. AppFolio believes simpler is better, and that great, innovative products are key to a great business. With holistic offerings that address the needs of mobility, automation, enhanced user experience and insights, AppFolio can deliver robust solutions that grow with their clients. Join to be a part of a company known for integrity, innovation, and technology that improves the way companies operate.
The Sr. Manager, Communications and Advocacy Programs will design and implement comprehensive customer advocacy and influencer programs and deliver an integrated social media and PR strategy that produces measurable results, drives amazing experiences and deepens our partnerships. This role is responsible for the program strategy and day-to-day management of all influencer partnerships and customer advocates to ensure ongoing, strategic collaboration, tracking and measurement of mutually beneficial opportunities such as PR opportunities, content, speaking engagements, social media engagement and industry education. AppFolio’s mission is to harness the power of word-of-mouth marketing and amplify the impact of happy customers, employees and engaged influencers.
This role will manage the Social Media and Advocacy Specialist and work closely with Content, Product Marketing, PR, Creative Services, Customer and Value Added Services, Loyalty + Services, Sales + Sales Enablement.
You Can Expect To:
- Build, grow and manage a comprehensive customer advocacy program and partner with successful customers to: speak with and for us, write content and blog posts, share stories, UGC and references: provide constant, ongoing awareness and drumbeat of customer wins/successes
- Identify more effective strategies for embedding customer advocacy into other cross-functional areas including demand creation and customer lifecycle marketing
- Educate key internal partners (e.g. sales, customer success, program managers) about the availability and deployment of customer advocacy and influencer assets and interactions
- Develop and implement an influencer program strategy that includes employee, customer and industry influencers to drive growth, engagement, brand awareness and relationship building
- Maintain customer advocacy and influencer tools, documentation and database
- Research and collaborate with marketing team members to identify new advocates and influencers to grow the programs
- Match advocates and influencers with opportunities to share their stories, provide industry education and thought leadership in a variety of ways (speaking at events, developing content) through strong relationship building
- Develop a comprehensive social media strategy and grow and nurture a community of folks that engage with AppFolio on their digital channels – prospects, employees, customers, partners, thought leaders, media, etc.
- Track and measure program KPIs and regularly present on program performance and areas of opportunity to optimize
- In partnership with Product, manage our Customer Advisory Board program to inform our product roadmap and offerings
Skills and Knowledge:
- BA/BS degree
- 7+ years of experience in marketing communications + SaaS marketing
- Ability to comfortably oversee multiple project workstreams and scopes of responsibilities, both managing upwards, downwards, and with cross functional partners
- Exemplary communication and presentation skills with the ability to speak confidently in small or large groups at various levels
- Strategic and persuasive, with an eye for memorable storytelling and a proven track record of articulating strategies and programs plans to gain stakeholder buy in and alignment
- Broad understanding of the influencer marketing space and advocacy programs with a passion for networking and building relationships with other people
- Creative thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit and strong implementation ability