Nordstromrack.com and HauteLook is a leading brand at the intersection of technology, fashion and design. They value employees who have great in-“sites” to fashion and e-commerce, act fast, think creatively and embody their customer-first mentality. Join for a fast-paced, dynamic culture that attracts creative, passionate individuals with a determined, can-do attitude and entrepreneurial spirit.
Work hard and play hard in a fun, casual and collaborative work environment in the heart of Downtown LA. Report to a systematic, compassionate UX/UI leader who leads by example, elevates the team and challenges the status quo. The ideal candidate is a strong advocate for the user and has an eagerness to solve problems using their unique combination of proven talent and digital knowledge. This role is crafted for a self-starter that has a proven ability to drive decisions and communicate seamlessly across functions.
Play a pivotal role in defining a NordstromRack.com | HauteLook digital shopping experience that is fresh, increases engagement and ultimately boosts conversion. You will be responsible for designing elegant, simple and hard-working products that will be used by millions of shoppers every day. The goal: inspire and delight our customers with an improved mobile-focused shopping experience.
You’ll be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming to launch, and will work closely with the UX Lead, Product Managers, Engineers and Stake Holders to concept, design, prototype, test and iterate products across all touch points.
A successful Senior UX Designer will pursue forward-thinking designs to create intuitive solutions.
A Day in the Life...
• Redesign the mobile-focused shopping experience
• Own significant UX/UI design responsibilities for Nordstrom Rack | Hautelook
• Own and execute entire large-impact projects
• Work to develop and refine user-centered design processes and best practices
• Develop detailed deliverables to effectively communicate UX designs and product requirements
• Prototype design concepts at varying levels of fidelity, from paper to interactive digital prototypes using industry standard prototyping tools
• Validate design concepts with end users before moving to full implementation
• Maintain knowledge of user interface processes, tools and best practices
Is This You?
• 6+ years of experience in UX/UI design
• 3+ years of experience in mobile design
• Strong conceptual thinker with an ability to understand user’s needs, motivations and behaviors and translate them into actionable deliverables
• A proactive and collaborative approach with the ability to contribute to a multi-discipline team
• Capability of big-picture-thinking and demonstrates attention to detail
• Highly developed organization skills and ability to prioritize tasks independently
• Strong knowledge of industry best practices, design process and methodology, particularly in the mobile space
• Advanced proficiency with design and prototyping tools
• Clear and effective written/verbal communication
• Positive and curious attitude
• Experience with e-commerce and interest in fashion is a plus!
They’ve got you covered…Comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, vision and dental coverage
• Fabulous merchandise discount across all Nordstrom brands
• Employer-matched 401(k) plan
• Employee stock purchase program
• Commuter Reimbursement
• On-site parking provided
• Employee recognition programs