Senior Staff/GL Accountant
With over 400M connected medical devices worldwide and the value of the healthcare Internet of Things (IoT) market valued at $163 billion, it’s no surprise that venture funding in the Digital Health space has hit record highs year after year. A global startup with a regulated IoT platform for biopharma and medtech, San Jose-based BrightInsight has raised $65M in the past 10 months. Since launching their platform in 2018, the company has quickly established itself globally as the de facto underlying digital health infrastructure for the world’s top biopharma and medtech companies.
This is a great opportunity for someone to grow as we do. This is a career move for someone looking to scale up in their accounting or finance career; providing broad experience across financial statement accounts as well as contributing to the creation of processes/systems that will lay the groundwork for our company to grow and scale.
As a Senior Staff/GL Accountant, your success will be measured by how well you can operate effectively in a rapidly scaling, dynamic environment while effectively executing policies and procedures to ensure accurate and timely recording of transactions in accordance with GAAP.
What you will do:
- Preparation and review of journal entries, identifying and resolving errors and exceptions in various areas including cash, AR, prepaids, long-term assets, liabilities, and expenses
- Month end accrual for bonus, accounts payable, expense reports, legal expenses
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations for various asset, liability, and expense accounts
- Research and prepare commentary for month-end flux analysis of assigned Income Statement and Balance Sheet accounts. This will include working with department heads and identifying reasons for flux.
- Cash application on a daily basis
- Intercompany Journal entries
- Accounts Receivable efforts including invoicing
- Assist in implementing Internal Control procedures
- Assist with various projects and implementations of systems
- Support external audit requests
Is this you?
- 4+ years of general accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economics or related field
- High-tech multi-national or SaaS based industry and Big 4 experience (a plus)
- CPA license (preferred)
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and familiar with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
- Excellent MS Excel skills; knowledge of Sage Intacct (a plus)
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others