Sr. Manager, Marketing Operations
Over ten years ago, AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded to revolutionize the way businesses grow and compete. Today, their vertical based software serves over 20,000 property and legal businesses with easy-to-use, cloud-based solutions. AppFolio believes simpler is better, and that great, innovative products are key to a great business. With holistic offerings that address the needs of mobility, automation, enhanced user experience and insights, AppFolio can deliver robust solutions that grow with their clients. Join to be a part of a company known for integrity, innovation and technology that improves the way companies operate.
AppFolio was ranked as one of the 25 Highest Rated Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work and their President & CEO, Jason Randall has a consistent approval rating of 95% - 100% on Glassdoor. AppFolio is a technology company that cultivates a palpable culture of curiosity, collaboration and growth.
With offices in Santa Barbara, Dallas, and San Diego, their business is built for long-term success fueled by happy, loyal customers and a team of AppFolians. To learn more about AppFolio and their company values, check out their Muse Profile. The Muse.
The Sr. Manager, Marketing Operations acts as the primary data steward for Marketing, maintaining data quality, freshness and integrity so the right data is fed into marketing programs at the top of the funnel producing quality responders for sales, and well-constructed planning, analysis and reporting at every stage. This role also leads the strategy, development and optimization of all tools, technologies and processes used in Marketing as well as the measurement, governance and budgeting thereof.
Your responsibilities will include things like:
- Mentoring younger team members and instilling best practice for data integrity and freshness
- Creating the list acquisition and account generation strategy each quarter
- Maintaining an understanding of privacy and data laws and regulations that affect the regions we sell in.
- Working with internal experts to make data available for program outreach along the lifecycle and nurture system:
- Prospects: Make Lead data available to program marketers for outreach related to programs along the demand lifecycle: Anonymous, Known/Lead, MQL, Opportunity, Closed Won
- Customers: Make Contact, Account and Usage data available to program marketers for outreach related to programs within the customer marketing nurture system: Deliver, Develop, Grow and Retain
- Designing, writing, and executing tests to verify the functionality, accuracy, and efficiency of developed or enhanced reports and SQL modules
- Analyzing data at the detailed level, and roll up findings and implications for executive management
- Keeping a current pulse on trends and advancements within data attainment, management and customer acquisition/growth, incorporating these improvements where applicable
- Overseeing Data Hygiene. Set up, map, audit and maintain data from the micro (field pick lists and rules) to the macro (databases) level to ensure seamless integration against a goal of flawless integration and zero breakage
- Supporting marketing technology stack including not limited to marketing automation, sales automation/CRM (Salesforce) as well as content, database & project management tools
Is This You?
- BS degree or equivalent experience in systems or databases
- 6+ years of data attainment, generation and data management to power marketing and sales in a SaaS (B2B or eCommerce) companies
- 3+ years of management experience
- Significant and demonstrated knowledge of SQL, Access or other relational database technology
- Proven, exceptional technical and analytical acumen to analyze data from multiple sources to detect root causes, determine implications and deliver executive summary findings
- Advanced experience in the design, development and preparing business reports, including use of master/detail, slice and dice, drilling methodology, filters, graphs, and so on, is required
- Advanced knowledge of Marketo (or like Marketing Automation System), data model and integration with Salesforce.com CRM
- Experience using BI/data warehouse tools is desired
- Evidence of strong workflow process and tight project management required