Over ten years ago, AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded to revolutionize the way businesses grow and compete. Today, their vertical based software serves over 20,000 property and legal businesses with easy-to-use, cloud-based solutions. AppFolio believes simpler is better, and that great, innovative products are key to a great business. With holistic offerings that address the needs of mobility, automation, enhanced user experience and insights, AppFolio can deliver robust solutions that grow with their clients. Join to be a part of a company known for integrity, innovation, and technology that improves the way companies operate.
The Sr. Marketing Copywriter - Real Estate will drive customer acquisition, engagement, adoption, retention and growth across the customer lifecycle by crafting highly compelling and high-performing copy. The Sr. Marketing Copywriter is responsible for writing that supports the functions of the Marketing Team across multiple formats and channels, including both editorial content and promotional copy. The ideal candidate has deep industry expertise and experience writing thought leadership and editorial content for the real estate industry and property management industry and is an experienced B2B writer and editor with a track record of creating original and compelling content.
This role will report to the Manager, Marketing Content. This role works closely with our in-house and 3rd party design partners, marketing program managers, and product marketing managers to ensure consistent output of quality content and copy that engages, educates, promotes thought-leadership, and drives demand.
You Can Expect To:
- Create compelling, conversion-focused marketing copy that is highly targeted to the needs and priorities of real estate/property management professionals.
- Develop a quarterly editorial calendar targeting large multi-family property management companies and aligns to our key storylines, timely industry trends, and product innovation highlights.
- Copy writing and editing across all marketing programs and assets, including: website content, video, articles, ads, emails, collateral, and Sales enablement tools etc.
- Research and write compelling long-form, thought leadership content that informs and educates leaders in the real estate/property management industry
- Strategically develop new content ideas all the way from pitch to publication, drawing out insights and valuable takeaways for property management professionals
- Interview property management experts and curate their insights into high-value content for our audience that connects to and supports an overarching brand story.
- Understand our target customer segments, personas, and other micro data in crafting personalized and highly relevant stories & copy
- Understand our products and value proposition, and how to best communicate that to the various markets we serve
- Edit the work of others effectively in order to achieve the best performing copy across all Marketing channels
- Work closely with the Manager, Marketing Content, Programs Managers, and Online Advertising teams to produce a pipeline of marketing assets that will help achieve customer acquisition and revenue goals.
- Use relevant data, keywords and SEO best practices to improve visibility of content, adapt tactics and drive inbound organic traffic to our owned digital properties.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest real estate trends and customer challenges in order to build more effective content and messaging.
Skills and Knowledge:
- BA/BS degree, or equivalent professional certification or experience
- 5+ years of experience in B2B copywriting, journalism, and/or content marketing — preferably with a focus on real estate
- Experience writing for an audience of real estate/property management professionals
- Familiarity with industry organizations, including NAA, NMHC, IREM, NARPM, or similar. Bylines or ghostwritten samples in real estate industry publications are also of interest.
- Exemplary writing, copy editing, and verbal communication skills and a solid knowledge of the digital landscape
- Exceptional written/oral communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in driving meaningful customer engagement through compelling storytelling
- Strong project management and time management skills, including the ability to manage deadlines and communicate clearly as priorities shift.
- Positive attitude and a great sense of humor