Captiv8’s founding team is made up of proven industry leaders that have over $1B in acquisitions, managed over $600M+ in revenue and taken two companies public. Captiv8 is backed by credible institutions including Social+Capital, Subtraction Capital, Launch Fund and many others.
Join their San Mateo, CA location. With additional offices in Manhattan Beach, CA and New York, NY Captiv8's nationwide reach to match their nationwide clientele. Captiv8 brings unrivaled audience insights and accountability to the influencer space, along with thoughtful creative storytelling to power the most effective and memorable social content. As a rapidly growing startup with ample opportunity to advance within the company, we’re looking for someone who, true to startup culture, enjoys wearing multiple hats, making an immediate impact, and capable of being in the weeds one minute, then in a leadership meeting the next.
Captiv8 is a global platform connecting and delivering influencers, audiences, and brands at scale: they work with top Fortune brands like Adidas, Starbucks, Disney, Amazon, Microsoft and many others. Their data driven platform features passionate influencers (over 175,000) across Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube and other networks. The audience makeup is truly global with over 850 million total audience reach spanning the top social networks.
Establish, own, and manage a best-in-class accounting, finance operations for Captiv8. Enhance financial performance through forecasting and budgeting, analytics, and internal controls to ensure the accuracy of financials. P&L reporting and management, with a focus on revenue drivers. Manage accounting and financial reporting through close. Establish and manage best practices for people operations, including the management of HR vendor (Gusto) and ensuring medical insurance, coverage, payroll etc. is running seamlessly.
You’ll handle things like:
- Accounting/Financial FP&A– (80% of your time)
- Be responsible for journal entries, complex balance sheet reconciliations and variance analysis in accordance with US GAAP
- P&L reporting and management, with focus on gross margin drivers.
- Prepare, maintain, and report full cycle accounting including monthly accounting close activities are in a timely manner leveraging Quickbooks
- Compile, record and analyze financial statements
- Client invoicing and collection management
- Management of accounts payable, accounts receivable, and billing
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Establish and manage financial planning, including building rolling forecast processes to identify risks and opportunities and improve forecasting accuracy.
- People Operations (20% of your time)
- Prepare and manage multi-state payroll (leveraging Gusto)
- Point person for insurance administration
- Respond to and handle talent payments
Is This You?
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field. CPA Preferred.
- 4+ years accounting and finance experience from a Big Four.
- You preferably have experience at a Big Four, plus 3+ years of combined accounting and finance experience
- Proven ability to manage complex and growing accounting operations, preferably at a high-growth startup
- Resourceful, ambitious, thrive in collaborative environments
- Excel guru
- Entrepreneurial spirit