This is a unique opportunity to join a company that is the market leader in fiber-to-the-home, and at the forefront of how data centers meet the rapidly growing demands of the cloud data industry. You’ll be a part of a small, collaborative team that has been able to nimbly deliver some of the most successful new product launches for the company. This is a learning organization that values its culture; where taking risks, failing fast, and being transparent with your team is not only encouraged but is the cornerstone of their success. Here, it’s multi-faceted, it’s fluid, and most of all, innovative.
As a Sr. Firmware Engineer at Source Photonics, you will be responsible for the development, testing, and documentation of software/firmware for 100+ Gbps optical transceivers. Your team will rely on you to work on and influence hardware architecture, firmware architecture, test methodology and strategy, design trade-offs, and product yield improvements and quality. To succeed in this role, you must be a knowledgeable embedded engineer with excellent teamwork and problem-solving skills.
On a daily basis, you can expect to:
- Lead firmware architecture, design and development for high performance/high volume optical transceivers.
- Participate in design reviews, co-work with transceiver hardware designers to complete embedded module controller related hardware design.
- Develop firmware for transceiver modules. Make performance and optimization trade-offs to meet product requirements (MSA standard spec).
- Perform hands-on hardware bring up, system debugging and code optimization.
- Develop test software to verify firmware functions and ensure high quality. Assist in development of Source Photonics’ firmware testing platform and software.
- Be responsible for FW Requirement Documents, Design documents and help on testing documentation.
- Perform Transfer of Information to manufacturing, debug and fix customer issues.
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, including 3+ years of relevant work experience as outlined directly below.
- Experience and knowledge of microcontrollers and DSP processors.
- Proficiency with firmware design and implementation for embedded systems.
- Experience with the I2C, MDIO and SPI protocols.
- Proficiency in C/C++ and assembly. Other languages are plus.
- Familiarity with embedded firmware development environment/tools, source code control tools, and bug tracking tools.
- Familiarity with debugging tools such as oscilloscope, logic analyzer, JTAG debuggers. Other optical instrument experience is a plus, such as optical spectrum analyzer, optical switch, wavelength meter & optical power meter
- Capability to drive firmware architecture and process improvement.
- As a plus, experience in optical transceiver firmware design and familiar with related MSA firmware standard