Sales Strategy & Business Analyst
Over ten years ago, AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded to revolutionize the way businesses grow and compete. Today, their vertical based software serves over 20,000 property and legal businesses with easy-to-use, cloud-based solutions. AppFolio believes simpler is better, and that great, innovative products are key to a great business. With holistic offerings that address the needs of mobility, automation, enhanced user experience and insights, AppFolio can deliver robust solutions that grow with their clients. Join to be a part of a company known for integrity, innovation, and technology that improves the way companies operate.
As a Sales Strategy & Business Analyst, expect to leverage statistical analysis and internal data insights to create compelling dashboards and KPIs that keep sales running in a clear, quick and aligned fashion. Empower the VP Sales with data around pacing, progress and sales gaps to steer the sales ship towards growth quarter after quarter.
Operationally, the focus will be on forecasting, trend analysis, business performance tracking, and formulation of actionable recommendations. This role will work very closely with the Sales and Marketing segment leaders to track and analyze overall sales performance and various cross-functional initiatives. Deliverables take the form of analysis on sales KPIs, initiative performance, and sales coverage/pipeline.
You Can Expect To:
- Serve as a trusted partner to the VP of Sales by Interpreting key performance metrics, performing analysis on sales data, and partnering with cross-functional teams to develop fact-based recommendations.
- Develop proactive analysis, reports, and dashboards to improve visibility of the sales organization and to help sales leaders manage their territories
- Assist with building leadership presentations, crafting the narratives of Sales.
- Empower the field sales team by ensuring accurate forecasts and total transparency
Skills and Knowledge:
- 4+ years of work experience in sales, sales management, sales strategy or equivalent function with significant exposure to sales teams, OR experience in management consulting with strong exposure to B2B go-to-market strategy
- Experience with predictive and prescriptive analyses, modeling, and segmentation
- Ability to conduct sophisticated and creative analysis, yet translate those results to easily digestible messages, communications, and presentations
- Confident executive presence and engagement skills
- Highly collaborative style with strong influence skills
- Budding data expert. Querying and scoping (SQL, Salesforce), analysis (Excel), summarizing (pivot tables, charts, slides, written explanation), reporting (dashboards, repositories)
- Detail-oriented with a knack for organization and process improvement.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment while dealing with ambiguity
- Proficient in Salesforce, Tableau, and BigQuery/SQL and Google Suite