Did you know educational training is one of the top 5 industries virtual reality (VR) is expected to change? STRIVR did. Since 2015 this venture-backed startup has been using VR to create immersive training solutions for professional athletes and Fortune 500 companies nationwide. Born out of Stanford University and the world-renowned Virtual Human Interaction Lab, the STRIVR team includes industry leaders that have been studying and building VR for 20+ years. With STRIVR spearheading the future of human performance and training, it’s an exciting time to make an impact.
STRIVR is looking for a Production Manager in our Los Angeles office to oversee and manage the production and delivery of VR/spherical video content, that will serve as the backbone and environment for the immersive training solutions and products STRIVR is building to serve its growing roster of world-class enterprise customers.
At STRIVR, you will join a team that’s driven to build products that help people be the best at whatever they do. The Production Manager is responsible for managing day-to-day operations related to STRIVR’s content. This position will work directly with the executive team to ensure that all production projects are completed on time and to the exact specifications of the concept proposed to the client.
- Manage STRIVR productions from start to finish
- Ensure that projects are executed and delivered in line with pre-approved concept & storyboards
- Pre-production and resource allocation
- Coordinate and manage internal resources for STRIVR productions
- Vet and hire external production partners if needed (contractors)
- Daily communication with STRIVR’s internal and external production partners
- Create, maintain, and reconcile all production budgets
- Manage pre-production, production, and post-production schedules and workflow
- Oversee Line Producers, Production Coordinators, and general production partners
- Maintain scheduling and delivery timeline
- Travel to set to oversee production of projects in-progress
- Hold production & status meetings with executive team
- Handle wrapping of each project with project lead
Is This You?
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- 3-5 years prior production management experience in the film industry
- Understanding of virtual reality and 360 video
- Experience with of Adobe suite including Premiere, Audition, Photoshop, and After Effects
- Excellent project management skills
- Knowledgeable in modern production practices and post-production work flow
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and oral communication skills, and ability to interact with all clients and team members in a professional manner
- Ability to approach projects from both a production and creative standpoint
- Team player with a strong work ethic
- Flexible with the ability to thrive in a constantly changing and fast paced environment
- Advanced knowledge of budgeting software (Showbiz, Movie Magic, Point Zero, Gorilla, etc.)
- Proficient in Photoshop
- Knowledge of all union and labor rules
- Shares and exhibits STRIVR’s core values
- A strong sense of personal integrity, contributing to a culture that values diversity in the workplace