Product Marketing Manager
Over ten years ago, AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded to revolutionize the way businesses grow and compete. From the company’s inception, AppFolio has been a product-driven company that advocates customers, instills continuous value and evolves with agile teams driving new solutions to market. AppFolio’s growth is largely attributed to their product innovations and ability to connect, understand and deliver for their customers - they create easy to use solutions that can solve complex challenges. AppFolio is a product-first company that is consistently incubating new product ideas and bringing solutions to market. Today, their vertical based software serves over 20,000 property and legal businesses with easy-to-use, cloud-based solutions.
AppFolio was ranked as one of the 25 Highest Rated Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work and their President & CEO, Jason Randall has a consistent approval rating of 95% - 100% on Glassdoor. AppFolio is a technology company that cultivates a palpable culture of curiosity, collaboration and growth.
With offices in Santa Barbara, Dallas, and San Diego, their business is built for long term success fueled by happy, loyal customers and a team of AppFolians.To learn more about AppFolio and their company values, check out their Muse Profile. The Muse.
Develop product positioning, messaging and competitive differentiation while defining the target buyer segments for products and services in partnership with Product Management and the Valued Added Services Teams. Construct the go-to-market strategy and product launch plans while partnering with Marketing Programs Managers to create targeted campaigns that drive awareness, preference, purchase and adoption. Gain a superior grasp of AppFolio software and customer, a keen understanding of their marketplace, and a high-impact approach to product ideation, incubation, introduction to market and iteration.
You can expect to:
- Work in an agile environment - pacing quickly with small teams
- Contribute to teams focused on various initiatives across: early stage product(s) in incubation, core products and/or value-added products and features.
- Build communications strategy and compelling messaging to drive awareness & consideration for products, as well as drive product adoption among existing customers.
- Define target buyer and user segments for products and services to drive marketing programs strategy and provide insights to internal teams.
- Establish a rapport with individual Product Managers and be a key stakeholder on our product Core Teams to uncover & understand the details of a product release, and translate that information into internal education, messaging documentation and readiness for product launch.
- Partner with Product, Value Added Services & Marketing to plan and drive in-app communication and engagement offers within product workflow and adoption initiatives
- Provide visibility for the Marketing team on in-app marketing initiatives and the product roadmap
- Stay on top of industry trends by attending industry events, monitoring competitors and partner activity, reviewing customer feedback & reading industry trades regularly
- Provide regular education for both internal and external stakeholders on our product features and their benefits.
- Measure and optimize the customer journey touchpoints in order to drive product feature adoption and usage.
- Be an evangelist for the product within the company, helping everyone understand key positioning and messages.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of a competitive intelligence repository.
Is This You?
- 3+ years in a SaaS-based company supporting Product Marketing or Product Management
- Proven value-add across the entire lifecycle of a product (ideation to iteration)
- Existing at the intersection of Product, Engineering and UX where you thrive
- Strong analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
- Highly motivated, resourceful problem solver with the ability to lead and interact effectively with cross-functional teams
- You ask why before what and look at the user’s perspective before your own
- Excellent project management, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proven experience in using data to make informed decisions
- Positive attitude and great sense of humor
- Self-sufficient, consultative nature with an insatiable appetite for challenging the status quo
- BA/BS Degree