Did you know educational training is one of the top 5 industries virtual reality (VR) is expected to change? STRIVR did. Since 2015 this venture-backed startup has been using VR to create immersive training solutions for professional athletes and Fortune 500 companies nationwide. Born out of Stanford University and the world-renowned Virtual Human Interaction Lab, the STRIVR team includes industry leaders that have been studying and building VR for 20+ years. With STRIVR spearheading the future of human performance and training, it’s an exciting time to make an impact.
STRIVR is looking for a Product Deployment Engineer to launch and maintain STRIVR software and products – deploying to thousands of end-users within the STRIVR customer base. STRIVR is a startup entering a hyper-growth mode which means you’ll get to set the process for future software and hardware deployments while ensuring deployment efforts have proper quality checks and automation for efficiency – you’ll be building the best practices for the company to scale. Your day might include : deciding which software is best to remotely manage devices, and what is the best way to manage new types of hardware (like VR headsets) while troubleshooting customer tickets on hardware, software, and networking issues.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter that can provide day-to-day hands-on support for STRIVR's laptops, servers, mobile devices and applications that power their VR training platform for enterprise clients such as Walmart, Fidelity, and Nationwide. This position interfaces directly with internal and external users, troubleshooting user issues to resolution.
This person will play a vital role in the success of a fast-growing company and must be willing and able to adapt to STRIVR’s constant state of evolution and change.
Responsibilities will include things like:
- Troubleshoot as needed customer tickets regarding hardware, software and networking
- Laptop deployments and Break/Fix (Windows 10)
- Tablet deployments and break/fix (Android)
- Hardware/Software installs and upgrades (local and remoted)
- Patch Management for remote devices
- Maintain WDS Image Library
- Manage Systems documentation
- New hardware sourcing and qualification
Is This You?
- Experience writing clean, effective scripts to automate routine/repeatable tasks they
- Proficient PowerShell & DOS/bash scripting
- Bonus if proficiency includes Linux bash scripting
- In-depth experience with Windows environments + ideally, Linux environments
- WDS (Windows Deployment Services) experience
- Working knowledge of cloud deployment toolset (using open source frameworks is preferred but using enterprise-grade tools is valuable too)
- Experience deploying and/or monitoring remote Android devices
- TCP/IP and Windows Networking troubleshooting is second nature to you
- Ability to perform remote troubleshooting and provide clear instructions for large-scale organizations
- Experience with Unity, Oculus Rift, HTC Vive or other VR systems desired
- Experience with remote management tools, i.e.: LogMeIn, and comfortable debugging remotely using LMI/Remote-desktop/SSH (including gathering diagnostic info for engineering team)
- Ability to work with engineering team to build/improve the Continuous Integration pipeline
- BS Degree in Computer Systems (or related field)