Marketing Programs Manager – Metro
Over ten years ago, AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded to revolutionize the way businesses grow and compete. Today, their vertical based software serves over 20,000 property and legal businesses with easy-to-use, cloud-based solutions. AppFolio believes simpler is better, and that great, innovative products are key to a great business. With holistic offerings that address the needs of mobility, automation, enhanced user experience and insights, AppFolio can deliver robust solutions that grow with their clients. Join to be a part of a company known for integrity, innovation, and technology that improves the way companies operate.
As the Field Marketing Programs Manager, you will partner with central and cross-functional marketing and sales teams to develop, manage and execute field marketing programs and campaigns. This individual will work closely within the marketing and sales ecosystem to design a regional go-to-market plan that aligns and scales to the metro strategy and sales objectives, while also reflecting the local customer needs and market trends.
Key objectives include developing and executing relevant regional/local marketing activities and driving coordinated account based marketing orchestration to create awareness of AppFolio Property Manager, drive demand, and increase engagement and Sales opportunities in assigned metros.
You Can Expect To:
- Create a comprehensive metro marketing plan that is aligned to Sales assigned metros, while also considering regional/local nuances, requirements and market dynamics to meet the region's annual operating plan
- Strategically align with cross-functional marketing teams to inform, influence and/or evolve global programs and campaigns with valuable metrics and input based on local market requirements, trends and understanding
- Develop field strategy to nurture Sales assigned metros. Work with sales and marketing to align event budgets and execution to audience and segment growth objectives
- Create a connected, customer-first experience of awareness and demand by executing and supporting local activities, including but not limited to, in-person and virtual corporate, regional/local events, 3rd party conferences, digital and social marketing, demand campaigns, and channel programs, that move accounts through the sales funnel & support local BDR and sales teams outbound strategy
- Enable, communicate, and educate the sales team and stakeholders on metro campaign-related objectives, deadlines, tasks, and KPI performance, and then manage execution accordingly
- Serve as the primary liaison between field sales and marketing channel leaders
- Schedule and facilitate pre- and post-program team planning, including collateral materials, event spaces, promotions, etc., which consider local distinctions and cultural expectations
- Collect, measure, evaluate and report quantitative and qualitative data from all regional/local campaigns; owns post-event and campaign ROI analysis and maintain and monitor lead flow through the pipeline
- Organize and host online and in-person events that create net-new sales opportunities, accelerate existing ones and deepen customer relationships
- Align events strategy to an integrated marketing calendar, including touchpoints with paid media, social marketing, and major launch announcements
- Provide regional/local recommendations to centrally-managed budget while also tracking local spend
- Regularly research and present new event opportunities and/or partnership opportunities with local chapters in target regions which support the current marketing strategy and program mix.
Skills and Knowledge:
- 5-8 years experience in field marketing or marketing
- Experience working at a B2B technology company, preferably SaaS
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
- Ability to build strong partnerships and manage by influence
- An analytical mindset and commitment to data driven decision making
- Must be exceptionally detail-oriented and able to successfully manage multiple, concurrent project demands within established timelines.
- Resourceful, self-starter. Flexible in a fast-paced setting with competing and ever-changing tasks. Sense of urgency and strong work ethic.
- Excellent project management skills - time management, planning and problem-solving