Market Data Analyst
Over ten years ago, AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded to revolutionize the way businesses grow and compete. Today, their vertical based software serves over 20,000 property and legal businesses with easy-to-use, cloud-based solutions. AppFolio believes simpler is better, and that great, innovative products are key to a great business. With holistic offerings that address the needs of mobility, automation, enhanced user experience and insights, AppFolio can deliver robust solutions that grow with their clients. Join to be a part of a company known for integrity, innovation, and technology that improves the way companies operate.
The Market Data Analyst will be a strategic thinker and key partner in Marketing at AppFolio. In this position you’ll gain in -depth understanding of the industry, business strategy, processes, roadmap and the context in which the business operates. This person will work closely with the AppFolio leadership team, and with cross-functional partners, to report key findings and help AppFolio make decisions. The Market Data Analyst provides analysis of all current and future market trends. In addition, the Analyst will be responsible for data mining new and existing sourcing and A/B testing against different hypotheses that impact different Key Performance Indicators.
A successful candidate in this role will work to create scalable processes that provide insights, accurate reporting and comprehensive dashboards that are easily digestible at all levels of the organization and that will help everyone understand how the market is behaving.
You Can Expect To:
- Own monthly and quarterly market performance reporting and analysis
- Work with marketing stakeholders to streamline analysis of KPIs such as leads, pipeline, and bookings by various marketing channels, lead segments, campaigns, timeframes, and sales channels to understand market trends and impacts from marketing programs
- Partner and collaborate cross-functionally across the business to identify areas of opportunity for new marketing programs, messaging and content
- Determine the set of tools, new data sources, automation, and processes needed to scale with the business and improve efficiency. Understand the technology and tracking of programs that support the analytics and be able to help with troubleshooting
- Determine, implement, and evaluate business metrics to meet ongoing organizational or customer information needs.
- Manage customer + stakeholder relationships and expectations by developing a communication flow to keep others up- to- date with pertinent information (project status, results, next steps, etc.).
- Integrate multiple data sources to help drive actionable analysis.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Well-developed business acumen and the ability to ask the required questions and based on the data tell a story to help Marketing understand how to increase visitors, on-site activity, and conversions.
- 5+ years of experience in analytics focused on turning questions into insight and owning and maintaining data sets
- Experience with Tableau, PowerBI, QlikView or similar dashboarding/viz tool or technology required. Intermediate SQL skills required, experience in R, Python, or similar stats coding language a plus. Adept in Excel with a strong working knowledge of advanced formulas and functions
- Great communication skills with the ability to clearly tell a story through writing, speaking and visualizations
- Team player with the ability to build strong relationships across the business
- Ability to accurately estimate task timelines
- Flexible and adaptable in an agile work environment
- Experience with the Real Estate market preferred