Lead Front-End Engineer
Join a fully and self-funded stealth startup with a CEO / Founder who himself has a tech background and has worked at Unicorns. They pride themselves in understanding the value of paying market salaries in addition to granting equity in the company you’ll be helping to grow. You’d be doing this all remotely, provided you are authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for sponsorship and can productively set your workday around PST regular business hours.
Our client is looking for a strong Lead-level Front-End Engineer who wants to jump-in and build a product from the ground-floor with experienced entrepreneurs and software engineers. They’re highly driven by the desire to create a company - not just a product - and as such, are looking for a new fully-contributing teammate, not just another body to crank out code.
3 things to know about the team
- The CEO / Founder was one of the first Software Engineers at a unicorn, has led teams at various companies including a FAANG co., and has helped build & grow various other startups. Retirement doesn't suit him, so he’ll be working alongside you to help build the whole company (not just siloed into a specific piece or microservice).
- It’s a very small, early-stage company. You’d be employee #7 or #8. That should both scare and excite you.
- They’re geo-distributed across the U.S. Where you choose to live/work is fine with them if it suits you.
3 things you can expect to accomplish within your first 6 months
- Contribute to product builds from planning to architecture to implementation; this includes working on at least one product’s front-end from near-inception
- Lead delivery and timelines by working with UI and UX designers, front-end engineers (1 in-house + several contractors) to drive results
- Lead the hiring of additional front-end engineers for the team
3 key things we need you to come with
- Prior success being a self-driven front-end engineer who can collaborate well remotely
- React (required) + React Native (strong preference but not required) experience
- Prior success leading projects and/or teams