PowerChord’s SaaS platform helps manufacturers and franchises grow online engagement and in-store sales through their retail networks. Working with leading brands around the world, we’ve combined years of industry expertise with advanced technology to provide easy-to-use, scalable tools that help independent retailers and franchisees compete against large, online retailers.PowerChord is expanding its analytics and machine learning capabilities to quantify and increase the value proposition of its product lines. The insights gathered through this initiative will greatly improve the performance of PowerChord's digital storefronts and digital marketing services, and will be the foundation for future products.
Why is the Lead Data Engineer important at PowerChord?
As a Lead Engineer, you’ll have ownership and responsibility over technical architecture, implementation, and maintenance of our data platform and machine learning initiatives. As a senior member of the engineering team, you will mentor a cross-functional team of software engineers implementing, advocating, and evangelizing best practices along the way.Working at PowerChord won’t be boring! You will have the opportunity to advocate for and learn new techniques and technologies in the pursuit of high quality, reliable systems. You will be asked to consistently improve the way we work as we strive to achieve optimal velocity and frequently ship software you are proud of and that reliably solves problems for our clients.At PowerChord, you can be a part of something new, and big. You won’t be asked to lead the maintenance of legacy systems. We’re working exclusively on new problems and new products. You can make a significant impact at PowerChord while enjoying a flexible work schedule.
What are examples of work that the Lead Data Engineer does at PowerChord?
- Builds massively scalable systems to collect, cleanse, aggregate and analyze data from websites and marketing programs
- Uses machine learning and other techniques to mine through the data to find insights that will improve performance of these websites and marketing programs, as well as to provide guidance to PowerChord's clients on their overall product and marketing strategies
- Assess model performance, trains multiple models, and carries out hyperparameter tuning
- Builds smarter, more efficient ways of automating deep learning processes
- Builds high quality, well-designed, and scalable SaaS platforms using Google Cloud technologies
- Participates in code and design reviews, teaching and learning from other engineers
- Collaborates across the company to define, design, build, and improve our products
- Stay up-to-date in the field of machine learning and deep learning
Is This You?
- You have 5+ years of experience in Software Engineering that includes hands-on experience designing, building and scaling complex data systems
- Your accomplishments are a result of being self-driven; you have many examples of when you have been the idea person, project manager and executor
- You come with extremely strong data analysis and database design skills
- You have proven, real-world success using machine learning to identify actionable insights in the data
- Your development practices are current and progressive, including familiarity with DevOps concepts and techniques such as Continuous Integration and Deployment, virtual machines, containers, and cloud hosting services such as Google Cloud
- You have strong leadership and communication skills, evidenced by how you have effectively mentored team members and fostered the exchange of ideas
- You have strong organizational skills and attention to detail
In addition, you come with:
- 5+ years experience with Python
- Experience with TensorFlow (preferred), Caffe, Keras, Theano, Torch or similar; we will look to you to decide what tools and technologies are optimal
- BA/BS in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
A Few of the Perks at PowerChord:
- We hire talented people so you won’t be micromanaged
- Competitive compensation including a Simple IRA with 3% company match
- 14 days of vacation your first year
- Health is important – we carry a variety of plans to meet your needs and budget
- Unlimited coffee, cold beverages, snacks, and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Dress for success in your own personal style - shorts and flip-flops will do
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours