At the intersection of technology, science, business and sports, Strivr offers an end-to-end, VR-based immersive learning platform that changes the way people around the world train, learn and perform. With a mission to elevate performance through immersive experience, the team is redefining an industry in real time and shaping the future of learning.
Strivr was founded in 2015 out of Stanford University’s Virtual Human Interaction Lab, using the football field as the proving ground. Since then, the team has quickly expanded from the athlete to the enterprise, partnering with leading Fortune 500 companies including Walmart, Verizon and Fidelity to innovate and elevate employee development.
More than just content inside a headset, immersive learning provides realistic, high-impact experiences driven by L&D experts, instructional designers, data scientists, and immersive content specialists. Strivr offers the only end-to-end solution available today, bringing together the software, hardware, content and services needed to deliver effective training at scale.
Recognized by Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies for 2019, Strivr takes pride in their passion for innovation and they use that energy to fuel their work. Our culture thrives on teamwork, grit, transparency and impact and celebrates every win. It’s an exciting time to join their fast growing team!
Educational training is one of the top 5 industries virtual reality (VR) is expected to change. You will be part of the Solutions team, responsible for providing end-to-end immersive training solutions to serve Strivr’s growing roster of world-class enterprise customers.
As an instructional designer responsible for the ideation, design, and development of immersive curriculum for our growing list of enterprise customers, you will collaborate with all the teams that fuel the success of Strivr products. This is a rare opportunity to join a thriving startup and work across project management, product development, customer success, and creative solutions.
You Can Expect To:
- Ideate, design, and develop custom, immersive curriculum and training solutions for a wide spectrum of Strivr customers using Strivr’s proprietary authoring tools
- Structure implementation and evaluation strategy for Strivr’s immersive curriculum
- Partner with customer SME’s to create engaging training experiences that prove ROI
- Demonstrate thought leadership and provide instructional design input for Strivr’s growing suite of immersive learning products
- Quickly and efficiently immerse yourself in a new industry to understand what curriculum feasible, effective, and best leverages the value of VR and immersive technology as a whole
- Leverage adult learning theory and ADDIE model to create all aspects of new curriculum programs
- Collaborate with Strivr’s Data Team to generate metrics to measure success as communicated by the customer
- Work positively and efficiently with multiple teams and stakeholders internally and externally
- Build inventory of curriculum across all training verticals for repurpose, reference, and customization
- Perform analysis of target users to understand the best learning principles, core teaching objectives, and methods of comprehension
Skills and Knowledge:
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in Instructional Design, Learning and Development and/or Training Development (within an e-learning / EdTech / comparable environment)
- Concise, engaging and informative communication style – written and verbal
- Proven strength in project/product management
- Passionate about the freedom that new technology brings to communication and training
- Believe no task is too big or too small
- Persistently passionate and curious
- Work in an ever-evolving and fast-paced environment energizes you
- B.S. in Instructional Design preferred