Did you know educational training is one of the top 5 industries virtual reality (VR) is expected to change? STRIVR did. Since 2015 this venture-backed startup has been using VR to create training solutions for professional athletes and Fortune 500 companies nationwide. Born out of Stanford University and the world renowned Virtual Human Interaction Lab, the STRIVR team includes industry leaders that have been studying and building VR for 20+ years.
With STRIVR spearheading the future of human performance and training, it’s an exciting time to make an impact. Your research of the training objectives, learning methods to date, and adult learning theories will shape the blueprint for STRIVR’s training curriculum. STRIVR brings visual, tactile, and audio techniques to training products. As a result, instructional design and content development at STRIVR involves taking traditional learning theories and enhancing them through immersive technology.
- Ensure VR training experiences resonate with STRIVR’s customers and internal learning expertise.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for prospects and new customers by assessing the current training methodologies and understanding where VR has a chance to improve current training efforts.
- Work with STRIVR team to adapt/shape company's current curriculum to VR curriculum and help in creation of new curriculum and learning plans.
- Collaborate with STRIVR data team to ensure training products incorporate learning methods that can be tracked and measured for learning, retention, & performance improvement.
You might do things like:
- Map the structure and intent of the experience to the appropriate content and information experience
- Create storyboards and design a topic or two in multiple formats to sharpen possible training experiences, and co-establish the best direction with internal and external stakeholders
- Establish a process for content creation, set the blueprint for consistent quality and output
- Create an inventory of content that currently exists across all training verticals, thereby building a curriculum library for future repurpose, reference and customization
- Research the psychology of your target users being trained to understand the best learning principles, core teaching objectives and methods of comprehension
- Establish and manage a content schedule for existing products, and future products in the pipeline (project and product management as it relates to training content)
You Should be Able to:
- Demonstrate thought leadership on training content and strategy for STRIVR products which focus on training across a wide array of industries and employment levels
- Quickly and efficiently immerse yourself in a new industry to understand what curriculum is feasible, effective, and best leverages the value of VR
- Utilize the ADDIE (Analyze, Design, Develop, Implement and Evaluate) model to create all aspects of new curriculum programs
- Take qualitative and quantitative factors into account – your training experiences should put people in scenarios, speaks to the audience at hand and be structured strategically based on the complexity of information being shared
Is This You?
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in Instruction Design, Learning and Development and/or Training Development (within an e-learning / EdTech / comparable environment)
- Concise, engaging and informative communication style – written and verbal
- Proven strength in project/product management
- Passionate about the freedom that new technology brings to communication and training
- No task is too big or too small
- You are persistently passionate and curious
- Working in an ever-evolving and fast-paced environment energizes you
- Bonus points if you: Have production or screenwriting experience
Preferred BS in Instructional Design
other education backgrounds will be explored so long as they are a) relevant and b) backed by relevant professional experience