Insurance Sales Representative
Over ten years ago, AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded to revolutionize the way property management businesses grow and compete. Today, their end-to-end software solution serves over 20,000 property and legal businesses with easy-to-use, cloud-based products. AppFolio believes simpler is better and innovative products are key to a great business. With holistic offerings that address the needs of mobility, automation, enhanced user experience and insights, AppFolio can deliver robust solutions that grow with their clients. Join to be a part of a company known for integrity, innovation, and technology that improves the way companies operate.
AppFolio was ranked as one of the 25 Highest-Rated Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work and its President & CEO, Jason Randall has a consistent approval rating of 95% - 100% on Glassdoor. AppFolio is a technology company that cultivates a palpable culture of curiosity, collaboration, and growth.
With offices in Santa Barbara, Dallas, and San Diego, their business is built for long-term success fueled by happy, loyal customers and a team of AppFolians. To learn more about AppFolio and their company values, check out their Muse Profile. The Muse.
Our Insurance Sales Representatives are AppFolio and industry product and subject matter experts who carry a sales quota. The Insurance Specialist will provide product demonstrations to prospects and existing AppFolio customers, educating their audience on the benefits of resident level insurance in the Property Management industry.
The Insurance Sales Representative will play a critical part in helping AppFolio’s Property Manager Clients use integrated Insurance technology solutions to help protect properties and property owners. Insurance Services are an integral and growing part of the overall value offered to our clients through AppFolio Insurance Services, and have heavy adoption in our customer base.
The Insurance Sales Representative at AppFolio works cross functionally to drive awareness of our insurance offering to clients of all sizes. This role entails managing a sales pipeline, carrying conversations through a full sales cycle and closing deals. In tandem with inbound lead management, the Insurance Sales Representative is tasked with pursuing conversations with eligible customers within their assigned book of business.
You can expect to:
- Conduct sales presentations to demonstrate the value of requiring, tracking and enforcing a resident level insurance requirement
- Manage a sales pipeline to ensure deal volume and progress aligns with individual and company goals.
- Become certified to sell insurance via a Property and Casualty Insurance License (paid for by AppFolio Insurance Services if not already licensed)
- Share front-line feedback to Business Line, Marketing and Product Departments - including potential product feature needs and value proposition suggestions
- Maintain accountability related to key performance indicators
Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2+ years of sales experience preferably in a B2B SaaS or insurance organization
- Experience providing product software demonstrations in B2B environment
- Experience with sales prospecting and managing a high volume sales funnel
- Experience incorporating a sales methodology (Selling Through Curiosity / Sandler) or a related consultative selling technique
- Excellent presentation, communication, time management and listening skills with proven ability to motivate and train
- Track record of historical high quota attainment
- Ability to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to diagnose prospect needs and build relationships through value-based approach
- Ability to uncover business requirements, challenges, analyze and deliver solutions to clients
- Strong experience with Salesforce, PowerPoint, Excel, Zoom or similar, Google Docs