Senior DevOps Engineer
Digital Knack is a proud recruiting partner to Improbable. Improbable Defense, building on the foundation of SpatialOS, is combining world-class scientific modeling and multi-modal simulation technologies, with mission-specific user interfaces and tooling to deliver synthetic environments for a variety of applications tailored to the needs of the modern military.
Our mission? To enable the most realistic and effective synthetic environments to military forces enabling best-in-class training, unprecedented decision support capabilities, as well as other applications aimed at increasing force efficacy. Our team in Arlington, VA is focused on applying our technology portfolio to solve immediate, real world problems within Government and Industry.
At Improbable, we aim high. You’ll be surrounded by people who are driven by a spirit of growth and continuous improvement, and who will very likely compel you to improve yourself. We’re energized by the opportunity to solve hard problems and achieve things both profound and transformative.
Improbable Defense builds on SpatialOS, a state-of-the-art platform for creating synthetic environments, and builds solutions to achieve a variety of objectives. SpatialOS addresses many technological challenges, including the effective distribution of information and work to customer-defined simulation processes, the persistence of in-world data, the scaling of environments, client-side multi-platform support, and provides a rich toolbox to enhance developers’ effectiveness.
Our team in Arlington, VA focuses on the application of SpatialOS and its components for use in military, disaster-recovery, and other similarly data-intensive training programs and simulations. This position in particular will be tasked with streamlining development and deployment infrastructure and practices to accelerate both our in-house efforts and the efforts of our partner engineers, partners, and customers. This position is the first US-based DevOps Engineering hire and in particular, will be tasked with streamlining development and deployment infrastructure and practices to accelerate both our in-house efforts and the efforts of our partner engineers, partners, and customers
Areas of Impact
- Using your extensive experience in modern software development best practices, system architecture and design, containerization and orchestration, and cloud platform management, you will provide solutions to enable our internal and external partners and customers.
- You will develop expertise in the proprietary technologies we employ and serve as a facilitator for new projects as they come on-line. You’ll know all the tools, and the right situations in which to use them.
- Your passion for great developer experience, dev ops efficiency, and ‘getting things done’ will enable and inspire others. You will impact virtually every stage of our pipeline from model development and testing, through build, release and deployment, and serve as a lodestar for our development practices.
- Our software engineers are delivery focused, working in diverse technical teams to design, build, deploy, and evaluate models and simulations, and the technologies that power them. Our work delivers new solutions to some of the most important challenges we face today; this role will enable that work through best practices for developer workflows, tools, delivery and release processes, and CI/CD pipelines.
We’d like to hear from you if…
- You have experience programming in multiple programming languages, hands-on experience with containerization and orchestration, and experience with multiple cloud platforms.
- You’re passionate about teaching and mentoring other engineers within the team through code reviews, workshops, knowledge sharing, brainstorming, and close collaboration during the delivery process.
- You’re eager to work and integrate with a wide variety of teams and technologies. This opportunity will require you to work in numerous languages and build environments, development processes, and environments including Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, and bare-metal/on-prem platforms.
- US Citizenship required