Improbable Defense, building on the backbone of SpatialOS, has combined world class scientific modeling, market leading AI, mission specific user interfaces and a uniquely flexible and secure deployment model to create a powerful simulation platform tailored to the needs of the war fighter.
Their mission? To enable the most realistic and effective military simulations ever experienced, making defense users more effective on operations and decreasing the cost of military preparedness. The team in Arlington, VA is focused on applying their technology to solve real world problems within Government and Industry.
At Improbable, you’ll be surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them and who compel you to improve yourself. They’re motivated by the fulfillment of solving hard problems to achieve something profound and transformative.
You’ll help scale the Defense Business at Improbable. They are dedicated to and investing in their defense and national security business. This is where Improbable’s Applied Scientists and Engineers work to combine their distributed compute technology, massive-scale simulations, advanced probabilistic modeling and AI to help selected governments meet the threats they face. As part of the wider Talent Acquisition Team at Improbable, you’ll operate in a unique, embedded model which draws heavily on Agile principles to enhance recruitment excellence. This recent transformation has revolutionized their approach to hiring during 2019 and Improbable will continue to create modern recruitment techniques that provide a competitive advantage as they grow.
You can expect to:
- Compose and execute creative sourcing strategies against prioritized roles to develop high quality talent pipelines
- Evangelize Improbable culture and value proposition, representing this passionately to develop alignment towards their mission
- Maintain exceptional standards and data integrity across tools and systems
- Breakdown, participate in and champion major projects and initiatives to improve talent acquisition at Improbable Defense
Is this you?
- Substantial technical recruitment experience from an agency or search environment
- Experience in-house with a reputable ‘technology first’ business, with a particular emphasis on hiring exceptional Engineering talent against stern competition
- Deep appreciation and respect for the fundamentals of talent acquisition, but creative, curious and innovative when considering modern frameworks and tactics to gain a competitive advantage
- Influential and compelling stakeholder management skills
- Delivery mindset, able to breakdown work and drive to deadlines
- Operationally astute and data-oriented
- Familiar/sensitive to the challenges and needs of growing business, especially those of a scaling start-up disrupting an industry
- Empathetic, emotionally intelligent, motivated and passionate. Highly resilient, relentless and cheerful in the face of adversity