Resource Manager / HR Specialist
ZS is a professional services firm that works side by side with companies to help develop and deliver products that drive customer value and company results. From R&D to portfolio strategy, customer insights, marketing and sales strategy, operations and technology, ZS leverages their deep industry expertise and leading-edge analytics to create solutions that work in the real world. ZS’s most valuable asset is their people—a fact that’s reflected in their values-driven organization in which new perspectives are integral and new ideas are celebrated. ZSers are passionately committed to helping companies and their customers thrive in industries ranging from healthcare and life sciences, to high-tech, financial services, travel and transportation, and beyond.
ZS’ Corporate Support teams operate the firm’s core internal enterprise functions. Their global teams comprise team-oriented, pragmatic and results-driven people who thrive in a challenging work environment. ZS’s people come from diverse backgrounds, but share a passion for quality customer service and dedication—whether our customer is a client or another ZS employee.
Human Resources develops and executes successful recruiting programs, learning and expertise-development initiatives, strategic staffing assignments, effective reporting and analytics, performance management processes, and work-life benefits and operations.
ZS seeks an experienced consulting practice Staffer / Resource Manager to join us in our Los Angeles (Thousand Oaks), San Diego or Chicago (Evanston) office. This role will involve building teams to help ZS deliver on project engagements efficiently and effectively and supporting the senior staffers by ensuring effective system management and reporting that reflect accurate capacity and skills of our consulting staff.
You Can Expect To:
- Assess team options and make staffing assignments.
- Proactively understand the pipeline of work with current and potential clients.
- Communicate regularly with appropriate leaders on capacity and staff situation.
- Work with the staffing leads and recruiting leads to identify and monitor capacity.
- To understand and record the following information for the consulting staff in the office:
- Current and future staffing levels as they evolve over the project duration, and staffing constraints, if any.
- Developmental goals and expertise areas.
- Monitor hours reports and highlight exceptions to appropriate people.
- Conduct periodic training on staffing tools and processes for new staff.
- Monitor and facilitate staffing transitions for long-term staffed roles.
- Provide ad-hoc reports as needed.
- Collaborate with the wider HR team to support staffing, learning and HR initiatives.
Skills and Knowledge:
- BA/BS degree required with strong academic performance, advance degree preferred.
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience in a professional services environment with some demonstrated experience in the scope of this role.
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to multi-task.
- Ability to establish relationships with all levels of management and employees.
- Ability to be patient, listen well, and offer balanced advice.
- Strong analytic skills/comfort with data analysis.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and commitment.
- Based upon the role, work authorization or language skills may be additional requirements.
- Ability to function effectively as a team member.