Did you know educational training is one of the top 5 industries virtual reality (VR) is expected to change? STRIVR did. Since 2015 this venture-backed startup has been using VR to create immersive training solutions for professional athletes and Fortune 500 companies nationwide. Born out of Stanford University and the world-renowned Virtual Human Interaction Lab, the STRIVR team includes industry leaders that have been studying and building VR for 20+ years. With STRIVR spearheading the future of human performance and training, it’s an exciting time to make an impact.
The Human Resources Manager will deliver a full spectrum of strategic and tactical HR programs to help drive culture and expansion at company headquarters in Menlo Park, California. The ideal candidate has experience building a robust human resources organization and can demonstrate an ability to guide decision making related to employee programs, organizational structures, performance management, training & development, etc. This HR leader will play a vital role in the success of a fast-growing company and must be willing and able to adapt to STRIVR’s daily challenges.
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business objectives and company culture
- Create, implement, and oversee performance review process
- Manage benefits and employee programs
- Develop and evolve organization levels, compensation plans, and incentive structures
- Consult managers and employees on all aspects of employee-related issues, including manager / employee issues, policies & procedures, misconduct, investigations, reorganizations, etc.
- Create and maintain employee recognition and celebration programs
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management
- Nurture a positive working environment
Is This You?
- You possess a BA / BS (bonus points if you have a: MA / MS, JD, or MBA)
- Expert knowledge of CA employment laws
- 5+ years of HR management experience
- In-depth knowledge of HR systems and databases
- Expertise in labor law and HR best practices
- Experience managing HR at a rapidly growing company and proven ability to effectively handle growing pains
- Advanced conflict resolution skills and training
- Proven ability to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- Highly collaborative style, willingness to work in teams
- Strong proven leadership skills and experience
- Ability to coach, mentor, and advise where appropriate to help employees grow and develop in alignment with business and personal goals
- Shares and exhibits STRIVR’s core values
- A strong sense of personal integrity, contributing to a culture that values diversity in the workplace