Head of Design
Did you know educational training is one of the top 5 industries virtual reality (VR) is expected to change? STRIVR did. Since 2015 this venture-backed startup has been using VR to create immersive training solutions for professional athletes and Fortune 500 companies nationwide. Born out of Stanford University and the world-renowned Virtual Human Interaction Lab, the STRIVR team includes industry leaders that have been studying and building VR for 20+ years. With STRIVR spearheading the future of human performance and training, it’s an exciting time to make an impact.
Design is a foundational tool for STRIVR's mission to radically change the way corporations recruit, train and retain their workforce. Applying modern neuroscience and advanced technologies including Virtual Reality and Machine Learning, the STRIVR platform dramatically improves decision making accuracy and response time and can adapt to a wide range of scenarios for user interaction and reaction.
People are at the focus of everything we do; our experience pushes the envelope on ease of use, desirability and functionality. In doing so we must pay careful consideration to user needs and expectations, making design a critical part of this transformation.
We're looking for an experienced user-centric design leader who can grow and develop our talented design team. This person will be a key member of our leadership team, and serve as a thought leader, influencing our product vision and business strategy. This person will also be a key interface with the premier research institutions we work with including Stanford.
Set the standard, workflow and collaboration measures for design at STRIVR. As a core cross-functional leader, you will build strong internal partners across product, marketing, engineering and customer solutions. Lead design organization, executing high quality production in alignment with product and engineering. Take careful consideration into how product capability, future innovation roll outs and client use cases will influence design strategy.
Recruit and develop the design team, creating a design culture that attracts and retains talent tailor-made for STRIVR’s core values: Teamwork, Transparency, Grit, Impact and Passion. Coach and mentor the design team in a way that empowers contributing team members to reach their full potential and evolve with this growing company.
Define the look and feel of STRIVR, and define corporate design standards the ensure our product, solutions and marketing offerings meet that standard.Represent design in executive business strategies as the subject matter expert and support this company in creating experiences that can change the way we look, understand and engage in performance training.
Is This You?
- 10+ years of applied UX/UI design experience with ownership of design strategy and outcome
- 7+ years design and team management within a high growth company
- Leader with experience recruiting and building design teams (from university and industry) that sets an user-centric design culture systematically
- Experience with 3D design, with preference for application of design in an immersive environment
- Tenacious on design vision, and practical on execution
- Clear articulation of the impact design can have on the quality and success of our users
- High degree of personal accountability
- A strong sense of curiosity and constant desire to master your craft
- You are actively engaged in the Design community around you (i.e.: IDEO, D-School) and remain in a state of constant learning and innovation for yourself, your team and your work.