DC Shoes (a Boardriders Inc. company) represents the connected street maven who lives at the intersection of street and skate culture. Backed by Oaktree Capital (alongside Roxy and Quicksilver), DC Shoes is a brand fueling a lifestyle movement where culture, fashion, music, art and action sports converge into a community with members worldwide – they also happen to make relevant apparel with a cult like following. An iconic staple in the skate community, DC Shoes lifestyle brand is evolving into a living, breathing entity across digital platforms, social channels and real-life experiences worldwide. Here you’ll challenge the status quo in an environment that taps your leadership, inspiration, brand strategies and partnership ideas to fuel the future of DC Shoes.
Be a brand and thought leader who embodies the DC Shoes lifestyle. Create extraordinary experiences, solutions and ideas – leading them from concept to completion. As a 360 player, you will be the story-teller for employees and consumers – cultivating brand stories with passion, swagger and smarts. With the Global HM/Head of Brand, you’ll help build a world-class team that sets the vision of DC Shoes moving forward – building brand awareness, brand quality/loyalty and a competitive edge on an international scale.
You will be expected to:
- Create and manage the Regional Marketing Plan, delivering value and effective ROI
- Establish data-driven strategies and clear KPIs for Marketing Plans to optimize and assess impact of efforts continuously
- Cultivate strategies for branded content and consumer engagement across digital platforms, social channels and brand activations (partnering with agencies as/if needed)
- Lead the local marketing teams and instilling passion/inspiration
- Day to day steering of varied consumer and marketplace activations across multiple regions
- Stitch a global partnership, supporting country marketing managers and dedicated country plans
- Define required analyses and reporting of regional campaigns
- Identify, explore and implement new marketing opportunities and methods
- Develop and manage annual cross-region budget
- Define relevant marketing and content strategies across channels and countries (specialized media) for initiatives such as:
- Trade marketing activation plans in cooperation with local sales teams
- Media plans/agency partnerships
- PR strategies
- Sponsorship and partnership opportunities
- Identify opportunities to bring Regional Marketing Plan to life through innovative activations and partnerships
- Develop and implement integrated and well aligned omni-channel Go to Market strategy
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with key internal stakeholders (Retail Team / Marketing Ops / Brand/ DMMs).
- Communicate the integrated plans and tactics both internally and externally while providing a high level of support
Is This You?
- You build brand experiences to engage loyalty, affinity and spark action of target audiences with measurable footprint
- You are a closer that understands that if brilliant ideas never take flight, they cannot be actualized
- Dynamic team builder who is able to work collaboratively across functional teams and departments.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to listen effectively, develop ideas across functions, articulate the vision of the brand internally and externally.
- Entrepreneurial by nature and highly self-aware – you build teams so that the sum is greater than its parts
Here’s What Is Necessary:
- 7+ years of experience in marketing activation
- 4 + years of team building and serving as an effective thought leader
- Proven ability to lead cross-platform and social (digital) strategies with qualitative and quantitative proof of success
- Your project and budget management, planning, and prioritization skills are second nature at this point
- Strong understanding of where street and skate culture intersect, and the intangibles that stitch this global community together
- Previous experience managing global/regional resources
- Proven understating of retail needs with a focus on product experience, merchandising and enhancing sell-through
- Proven understanding of retail needs with a focus on product presentation, merchandising, and enhancing sell-through