Sr Java Engineer
This is an opportunity for Engineers who would enjoy the autonomy, high-visibility involvement and impact that comes with working for a small but profitable and growing global company. Your work will directly impact internal and external stakeholders who are excited to see vision turn into reality. Digital Knack is a product recruiting partner to FastSpring.
3 Things to Know About the Company
- FastSpring is a profitable Inc 5000 company backed by AKKR. They have a globally distributed team with offices in Santa Barbara, Amsterdam and Halifax.
- They are a global eCommerce platform enabling over 3,000 co’s to do business in all major currencies in over 200 countries.
- The company is committed to building an inclusive work environment; they invest in their employees by helping team members grow and develop professionally. This is a team of developers, technologists, and business professionals who are globally-minded, customer-focused, and driven to innovate.
3 Things to Know About the Role
- You’ll work on the team tasked with the design and development of product features for highly available payment processing, subscription billing and reporting platforms.
- If you’re joining as a sr-level engineer, you’ll be mentoring more junior teammates actively and by setting an example through your use of software engineering best practices.
- This is a Java / React / Angular environment that is actively transforming to a full microservices architecture hosted on AWS.
3 Things About the Ideal Candidate
- Your technical toolkit includes: strong experience delivering software solutions using Java (with commercial-level SaaS applications a big plus); SQL & NoSQL; implementing RESTful services with public APIs; developing microservices; experience with AWS (Lambda and Redshift a plus).
- Your software engineering practices are best-in-class; this means clean, well-tested, maintainable, extendable code with any experience in TDD and full CI/CD a huge plus.
- You have a track record working well across the organization vs. being a siloed resource on your team.