Engineering Manager, Platform
This is a remote-friendly people leadership role with a fast-growth technology company that’s secured over $600M in their Series A and B funding rounds. Curious to learn more? Read on!
3 Things to Know About the Company
- Built on the backbone of SpacialOS and combining the latest in scientific modeling and AI, Improbable Defense enables clients to have a highly-tailored training simulation platform.
- Their mission? Make Government and Industry training simulations more effective and realistic and make military preparedness more cost effective.
- Their people? Innovative, innately curious people who have always valued the transformative in tech and beyond, actively pursuing personal and professional growth.
3 Thing to Know About the Role
- You will lead and grow a small team of engineers working on the Improbable Defense core platform. You’ll enable and optimize your team’s productivity and happiness through active career development, mentoring and coaching; this includes performance management, hiring and onboarding.
- Building a positive, supportive and empowering team culture is how you will enable your team to roadmap effectively and deliver products on time.
- You will work closely with Product Managers, UX Researchers and Delivery Managers to ensure your team is building products that delight the customers.
3 Things About the Ideal Candidate
- You have strong experience with software and/or systems design and architecture including ~4 years of managing a team of at least 5 engineers; you’ve delivered software products for complex environments such as, but not limited to, the Federal government.
- You’re comfortable with at least one modern object oriented programming language - even if it’s not one that Improbable uses. Although this is not a hands-on engineering role, your strong foundation in engineering best practices will be crucial to your and your team’s success.
- You have a real passion and talent for developing, mentoring and supporting people.
Note that this role requires US Citizenship. Security Clearance is a plus, but not required.