Engineering Manager, Modeling / ML / Data Science
This is a remote-friendly people leadership role with a fast-growth technology company that’s secured over $600M in their Series A and B funding rounds. Curious to learn more? Read on!
3 Things to Know About the Company
- Built on the backbone of SpacialOS and combining the latest in scientific modeling and AI, Improbable Defense enables clients to have a highly-tailored training simulation platform.
- Their mission? Make Government and Industry training simulations more effective and realistic and make military preparedness more cost effective.
- Their people? Innovative, innately curious people who have always valued the transformative in tech and beyond, actively pursuing personal and professional growth.
3 Thing to Know About the Role
- You will lead and grow a small team of engineers working on R&D modeling projects. You’ll enable and optimize your team’s productivity and happiness through active career development, mentoring and coaching; this includes performance management, hiring and onboarding.
- Building a positive, supportive and empowering team culture is how you will enable your team to roadmap effectively and deliver products on time.
- Although this is not a hands-on engineering role, your strong understanding of Data Science/Engineering and/or Machine Learning will be crucial to your and your team’s success.
3 Things About the Ideal Candidate
- You have ~4 years of managing a team of at least 5 data science and/or machine learning engineers within an applied R&D environment; your teams are known for delivering projects that are on-time, of high quality, and value.
- You’ve managed teams whose toolkit includes current industry tools and models for data science and machine learning (ex. Tensorflow, PyTorch, YOLO, etc.) and languages (Python, R, etc).
- You have a real passion and talent for developing, mentoring and supporting people.
Note that this role requires US Citizenship. Security Clearance is a plus, but not required.