Director, Marketing – Investment Management
Over ten years ago, AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded to revolutionize the way businesses grow and compete. AppFolio’s Investment Management solution is spearheaded by CEO Jason Randall. Created by award-winning, industry professionals, AppFolio Investment Management offers powerful, flexible tools to streamline fund and syndication management. Automate your process, increase productivity, impress investors, and grow your business. AppFolio believes simpler is better and that great, innovative products are key to a great business. With holistic offerings that address the needs of mobility, automation, enhanced user experience and insights, AppFolio can deliver robust solutions that grow with their clients. Join to be a part of a company known for integrity, innovation, and technology that improves the way companies operate.
The goal for the Director, Marketing for Investment Management is to aggressively grow AppFolio’s Investment Management customer base by designing and implementing a go-to-market strategy, magnetic product brand and marketing plan that enables AppFolio Investment Management to be #1 in the Real Estate Investment Management market exiting 2020.
You Can Expect To:
- Develop a deep understanding of the market and how to communicate to our customers that AppFolio will make their business more successful.
- Bring a fresh perspective to brand-driven growth as well as deep experience in running an effective performance growth engine across paid, owned and earned media.
- Build and grow awareness of the AppFolio Investment Management brand by developing and activating the brand, from strategic positioning, stories that will resonate, to creative development and marketing execution.
- Develop and execute customer, employee and influencer programs that enable Investment Management to be known as the innovation leader in the market.
- Design and implement a mix of marketing activities that enable business outcomes - awareness, preference, demand generation, new customer acquisition, account based marketing - and long lasting customer success.
- Regularly spend time in the Business Development and Sales Managers and Reps to understand the “field reality” and build BDR and Sales enablement deliverables to meet their needs.
- Partner with the Sales team to develop effective sales playbooks in close collaboration with Sales Operations.
- Develop and execute a Real Estate ROE, cross-sell, and portfolio marketing strategy in partnership with other products in the portfolio.
- Maintain models and best in class dashboards to manage, monitor, measure and optimize performance of performance of the business.
- Use data to drive plans and work with the team to create and test key messages and and offer and engagement strategy that attract new conversions as well as increase conversion rates.
- Identify opportunities to reach new market segments and expand market share over time.
- Craft quarterly and annual hiring plans, recruit amazing AppFolians and mentor early career folks to great success over time at AppFolio.
- Stay current on new marketing trends, technology, and continually innovate our strategy and approach to drive outcomes.
Skills and Knowledge:
- 7-10 years of comprehensive marketing experience (brand management, performance & growth marketing, digital and social media strategy).
- Strategic and persuasive, with an eye for memorable storytelling and a brain for data-driven decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate rapidly evolving environments and moving organizations forward through ambiguity.
- Experience working in a matrixed organization and proven ability to motivate cross-functional teams based on company values, customer promise and shared success.
- Comfortable with data, analytics and navigating reporting systems.
- Ability to comfortably oversee multiple project workstreams and scopes of responsibilities, both managing upwards, downwards, and with cross functional partners.
- Demonstrated business results, particularly in high growth brands.
- Experience managing multiple requirements across large stakeholder groups.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and crave a high-growth, fast-paced environment where you can innovate and help build a disruptive business.
- Prioritize team culture and people management above all else, get joy from developing others and recognize the value of establishing effective organization / workflow.
- Capable and willing to execute both strategically and tactically; easily transitions between micro- and macro-level thoughts.