Director of Nursing and Patient Care Services (RN)
Universal Hospice is a Hospice care provider with huge ambitions. They are looking for a Director of Nursing and Patient Care Services who believe there are better ways to help families and individuals cope with the end in a new way. Started in 2019, they help families and individuals by providing comfort and peace to embrace life in the time remaining. Their team of Physicians, Nurses, Aides, Counselors, and Volunteers are committed to providing the care needed to make the limited time as comfortable and impactful as possible.
At Universal Hospice, they value each individual like a family member. Their care and services revolve around their principles of Honor and Dignity for each individual, Advocacy for patients and their families, Compassionate care, and timely and robust communication. The founding team has been working in Patient Care for a combined 40+ years The CEO is the administrator and operator for highly regarded RCFEs on the peninsula.
The Director of Nursing and Patient Care Services is an executive leadership position with the overall clinical management responsibility of the entire program. In this role, you will lead the clinical aspects of the program and be responsible for the overall successful delivery of care to the patients and their families.
You will expand their best practices, recruit and manage a team of professionals, and help fuel their growth. The key individual is responsible for ensuring that hospice care is provided to the ultimate satisfaction of patients and their families, while meeting the expectations of referral sources and other external customers, and maintaining the financial integrity of patient care.
You Can Expect To:
- Deliver exceptional patient care by collaborating with medical directors, physicians, nurses, and social workers to focus on palliative care for pain and symptom management
- Create the best conditions for patient care and family support; you will own staff supervision and management.
- As the senior executive, you have the most impact on trust, quality improvement, and regulatory compliance.
- Be the spokesperson and critical point of contact at community functions, referrals, and building referral/partnerships.
- Be accountable for the financial integrity of patient care by auditing invoices, charts, and IPOC’s as well as supervising medical supplies and all patient care operations.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Registered Nurse (RN) currently licensed to practice in the State of California and compliance with the California Board of Registered Nursing.
- Minimum of two years as a Registered Nurse in a home care setting
- Four years of management experience in a clinical care or hospice setting
- Direct experience with the fiscal and budgetary needs of hospice, clinical or home care
- Bachelor’s degree or experience equivalent. Master’s degree a plus.