Director of Sales
This is a unique opportunity to join a company that is at the forefront of how data centers are able to meet the rapidly growing demands of the cloud data industry. Already the market leader in fiber-to-the-home, Source Photonics’ most recent innovations have enabled an unprecedented shift in how companies can architect their data centers. You’ll be positioned in one of their largest growth markets – the Bay Area – as you work with existing and new clients that include the whos-who of the tech space.
Based in the San Jose office, you will own the Sales Management within your territory by driving sales growth and design wins for Source Photonics’ products.
We will expect you to be successful at:
- Defining a territorial sales strategy and prospect new opportunities in target markets to promote the full product line; executing on this will involve owning the regional sales process from tradeshow coverage, lead generation, conducting client meetings, product positioning, sales opportunity evaluation, customer procurement to post-sales support
- Providing accurate opportunity and territory forecasts based on prospect pipeline and market analysis
- Ongoing account management, including communicating complex technical information to varying audiences and responding promptly to customers’ needs
- Working closely with Product Line Managers to ensure customer satisfaction
- Driving design wins by identifying new product opportunities by actively surveying consumer needs and trends as well as tracking competitors
- Staying current with industry knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications and maintaining professional networks
Is this You?
- You are an experienced Sales leader at a Regional level who has a strong track record of meeting sales goals, territory management, relationship-building, negotiation, sales planning and managing profitability
- Your sales experience includes representing a product line and working with a customer base in data centers, telecommunications / optical networking/fiber optics or similar
- You come with pre-existing strong relationships relevant to Source Photonics’ industry
- You have strong professional knowledge and education (an MS or higher preferred) in Physical Sciences, Engineering or Lasers / Electro-Optics. MBA a plus.