Director, Customer Success
At the intersection of technology, science, business and sports, Strivr offers an end-to-end, VR-based immersive learning platform that changes the way people around the world train, learn and perform. With a mission to elevate performance through immersive experience, the team is redefining an industry in real time and shaping the future of learning.
Strivr was founded in 2015 out of Stanford University’s Virtual Human Interaction Lab, using the football field as the proving ground. Since then, the team has quickly expanded from the athlete to the enterprise, partnering with leading Fortune 500 companies including Walmart, Verizon and Fidelity to innovate and elevate employee development.
More than just content inside a headset, immersive learning provides realistic, high-impact experiences driven by L&D experts, instructional designers, data scientists, and immersive content specialists. Strivr offers the only end-to-end solution available today, bringing together the software, hardware, content and services needed to deliver effective training at scale.
Recognized by Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies for 2019, Strivr takes pride in their passion for innovation and they use that energy to fuel their work. Our culture thrives on teamwork, grit, transparency and impact and celebrates every win. It’s an exciting time to join their fast growing team!
At Strivr, the Customer Success (CS) team maintains and drives customer relationships forward, using analytics and change management to effectively roll out Strivr solutions across enterprises.
As a Director of Customer Success, you will manage and lead Strivr’s team of Customer Success Managers to deliver a world-class experience for our Enterprise customers. You will create and drive strategy from ideation to execution, with the opportunity to evolve how Strivr manages customers as we scale. You will drive new strategies targeted to increase customer engagement, adoption, and ultimately improve net retention and renewals for Strivr. Your success will come from your ability to manage team performance, plan and execute scalable strategies, superior customer management and escalation skills, and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
You Can Expect To:
- Manage, scale and develop a team of CSM’s, both in Palo Alto and remotely
- Provide senior-level account strategy and guidance to CSM’s
- Partner with management peers across Strivr’s divisions to drive new processes & improve existing systems
- Run day-to-day management of Customer Success metrics (account status updates, renewals, adoption metrics)
- Manage customer escalations, handling fire drills with appropriate communications with Strivr executive team
- Play sponsor role for customers, attending onsites to nurture senior-level external relationships while also giving feedback to CSM’s performance onsite
- Align with senior executives and sales team to monitor and report on customer health and develop proactive solutions for increasing user adoption
- Think strategically and identify new initiatives for Strivr and the CSM team that will produce world-class experience for Strivr customers and CSM’s
Skills and Knowledge:
- 7+ years in Customer Success, Account Management, or Professional Services supporting Fortune 500 customers in SaaS
- 4+ years managing and scaling a team of CSM’s
- Fortune 500 customer management experience required
- Experience translating strategy into execution to improve results
- Experience in full scale recruiting (hiring CSM’s/growing a team) preferred
- You thrive in startup culture, driving clarity where ambiguity existed before
- You hold yourself accountable to key business metrics and use a data driven approach to drive outcomes
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Behavioral Science, Finance, Operations, Business or a related field preferred
- MBA preferred